Chapter 12

Dina

I jumped as Royal and Telena closed the door in my face, me and Nae looked at each other and headed out back to her car.

"Look Dina I don't know where you gonna go but you can't stay with me. How you fuck up with your whole family girl?" Nae asked me.

Truth be told I didn't know how I let myself get this way and fuck up every relationship I had in the family. No one trusted me around their mans and I couldn't blame them. Once I have Ryan I started fucking and fucking and fucking, I've been pregnant twice before but I had an abortion and I had a miscarriage with the other.

I would've been a mother of three before the age of 20, shaking my head clearing my thoughts I pulled out my phone and scrolled through my Instagram DMs until I found the message with my cousin Temeka. I got her number and dialed it, it rang a few times before she finally picked it up.

"Hello" she said softly.

"Hey cus .. it's LaDina" I said with a shaky voice.

"Hey what's up" she asked me.

Clearing my throat, I looked over at Nae who gave me a look, "well cousin I'm in a dilemma" I said.

"Ok" was all she said and she paused waiting for me to continue.

"I don't have anywhere to go tonight. Do you think I can come stay with you for the night?" I asked shyly.

Temeka sat quiet on the other end of the phone then  sighed "yes, I'll send you the address.. we'll talk when you get here" she said before hanging up.

About 2 minutes later my phone buzzed with the address she sent me. Looking back at the house one last time before Nae drove off, I wiped a tear and exhaled.

I need to figure out something and figure it out fast.

About 30 minutes later we pulled up to a townhouse, I texted her letting her know I was outside and grabbed my bags from Nae's back seat. When I approached the door Temeka was there holding it open.

"Hey little cousin" she greeted me.

"Hey cousin, thanks for letting me stay here tonight" I said as she led me into the living room.

"No problem, where's little man?" She asked me.

"Uh, he's with his dad" I told her.

"So what happened?" She asked me.

"Well ... I haven't held a steady job in awhile, I had got some money form doing the few modeling gigs but I fucked off the money. I'm not gonna lie. I got into a car accident and totaled out my car, I didn't pay my rent so I have to give them over $5,000 well HAD to before the they evicted me" I said before sighing taking a breath.

"I went to your sisters house to spend the night there and was turned around because she was in the house with my baby daddy. I left my son there with his dad because I didn't know where I was gonna go tonight" I told her before breaking down and crying.

"Oh my god. Come here baby" she said before pulling me into a hug rubbing my back.

"I fucked up so bad cousin. I need to fix this. I need to get my baby back. He can't take my baby away from me. I can't live without my baby, I can't breathe without my baby Meka" I said as I sobbed into her arms.

"It's going to be okay Dina? You just gotta get focused and do the right things. Pull yourself together. We come form a family of strong women" she told me sternly as she got a piece of tissue dabbing my tears away from my eyes.