CHAPTER 24

Last night was a blast!

After we finished our meal last night, Greg took us to the beach and where we had a late evening walk.

We spent our time at the beach admiring nature and just taking each other in. We talked, laughed, played and ultimately just had fun. Trust me, we got funny looks from passersby because we were acting downright childish. They just couldn't understand that we were enjoying our moment together.

After our walk, Greg dropped me off at my house in Ikeja and then went home. He is such a darling to have spoiled me so, despite being so tired. He tried to hide it but I could tell that he was jet-lagged.

I had a good night's rest after calling Greg to see if he got home safely. Now, I'm back at work wondering what the next surprise up Greg's sleeves is.

My curiosity was partially satisfied when Greg sent me a text saying that he had gotten adequate rest and was now charged enough to continue with his plans. The instructions given were for me to wrap up things at work as quickly as I could, go home, relax, dress up in something casual and then wait for him to pick me up by 6 pm.

I felt so giddy after reading his text and that was what propelled me into speeding through my appointments and tasks for the day.

By 4 pm, I was in my car heading home. Although, I did take a quick detour to the mall to get some groceries so that I can have a meal ready for Greg and me when he arrives at my house.

Greg arrived on time as usual. We ate our meal and soon were on our way out in his car.

The traffic was on the heavy side which is typical for a Friday evening in Lagos.

As they say, slow and steady wins the race. Greg drove with patience and caution and in no time we arrived at our destination.

The place is called Upbeat Recreation Center and is located at Lekki Phase 1.

You are probably saying, 'Lekki again?'. That's just the way things are in this state. Many of the cool hangout locations are concentrated here.

As we stepped out of the car, I just couldn't help admiring Greg's looks. Our outfits coordinate even though it wasn't planned.

He was putting on skinny jeans, an olive green t-shirt that showed off the contours of his abdominal muscles and a leather jacket. He finished off his looks with some Ray Bans shades and cool looking custom Air Force 1s. My humble self was putting on olive coloured cargo pants and a jacket with a nude top, my black Yeezys and carried a cute denim tote bag.

Greg chose a perfect time for us to come here because it wasn't crowded as usual. We arrived around 7:55 pm.

We had so much fun. There was rock climbing, trampolining, VR games and lots more. We left there by 9:30 pm, stopped at a Domino's Pizza outlet, had a dinner of pizza and ice cream and then headed to his mum's house.

Before we left my house, Greg had told me to pack an overnight bag because it might be too late for us to drive back to the mainland without being stuck in heavy traffic.

At his mum's house in Lekki, the housekeeper opened the door and showed us to our separate rooms. Apparently, his mum went to bed early and had instructed her housekeeper, Mrs Tanimowo, to settle us in.

I thanked Greg for a great night. We shared a kiss, bade each other goodnight and then went to bed.

Then came Saturday morning. I couldn't wait to see what would cap this wonderful 3-day weekend date. I quickly brushed my teeth, had my bath, wore the clothes I had brought, pack yesterday's clothes into the overnight bag and then exited my room.