CHAPTER 13

This chapter is dedicated to Mobolaji1234. Thanks for threatening till I took action.

********

Hours after dropping Tabby off, here I am still, ruining my punching bag.

The indoor gym is where I am. My workout sessions usually last just about an hour, but I've been here for three hours.

I only stay this long when I want to vent out pent up frustration.

Yeah. I've been doing that a lot lately.

Shit! I screamed as I hit the bag again.

I'm sure my knuckles are already bruised underneath the boxing gloves.

I regret ever inviting Tabby to the party.

I had thought it was going to go differently.

My plan was to introduce Tabby to my parents and then we escape to my room. I had a surprise planned for her.

My dad and I had been at loggerheads since I discovered his dirty secret. But that doesn't give him the right to disrespect my girlfriend.

I've never felt so much for a girl before.

Tabby is just so special. The way she smiles, her laughter, her mannerisms, even her voice is just so unique. The graceful way in which she carries herself endears me the more to her.

My friends won't take me seriously if I ever say this out. They probably think I just want to take advantage of her innocence and then dump her.

The truth is, I like Tabby too well to ever hurt her.

Ever since she came into my life, I have been a lot happier. I've been able to forget about the baggage I have in my life.

People think because I'm a rich boy living the life in Lekki I should be ecstatic at all times, but they can't be any further from the truth and it's all thanks to that clown I have for a dad.

He's been making my life miserable for quite some time now but I refuse to let him win anymore.

I already have a plan formulating in my head. I just hope it works and I can finally have peace of mind.

***********

"Hi, Lita. Thanks for coming so soon" I said to my cousin immediately she parked and got out of the car, approaching the porch where I'm standing.

"Don't mention it. I had to come help out my little cousin." We were now en route my room.

Rolling my eyes, I replied "Oh, come on! You're just two days older than me."

"Two days can't be bought, little one. Except you live in that movie, 'In Time'. Besides, it makes me wiser than you. Isn't that why you called me for help?" She said with a smirk.

"So, what's this thing you need help with?" She continued.

We were currently getting settled down on the sofa I have on my balcony. There's a small table with snacks and drinks near us and "Lita the Glutton" is already helping herself to some without me offering them to her. I guess some things never change - I thought, smiling.

"I thought you were wise, you should know why I invited you over." I teased.

"I'm wise and not a diviner or seer." She retorted, glaring at me.