CHAPTER 6

Now it's Saturday and Rita is currently in my room, on my bed, texting on her phone. My dad and brothers have accompanied a friend of dad's on a boat cruise. Fun to them but not me. I always get queasy travelling on water.

So dad told me to call Rita to see if she can keep me company and here she is.

Although, she has completely ignored me since she got here. Some friend she is. I'm reading this new novel by Nora Robert written under the pseudonym "J.D Robbs". The book is titled "Holiday in death". The book is part of the "in death" series.

I was particularly engrossed in Eve and Roarke's conversation when I heard Rita suddenly squeal.

"What?" I asked, looking confused.

"Don't kill me o." She said raising her hands.

"What did you do?" I asked staring her down.

"Well, I may or may not have invited Greg, the gang and their girlfriends over here to keep us company. They're already on their way."

"You did what?!!!" I screamed. I'm pretty sure my neighbours heard me.

Oh my God! How could you do that without informing me and why would you even do that in the first place. You know very well that I'm not allowed to host friends without dad's consent. What is wrong with you Rita?!" I shouted. I was pretty mad.

"Relax Tabby! Hey! It's not like I'm not trying to help your social life. It's obvious that Greg likes you but how is he gonna make a move without being in a relaxed place with you. Besides, I can't make a move on Phillip at my house because of my parents. Anyways, I already ordered pizza from Domino's and bought some soft drinks. They will be delivered in time for their arrival."

Wow! She did plan everything!

"Don't worry about anything. Your dad isn't going to find out unless you tell him. Are you going to tell him?"

How is this girl my friend again? Why does she always have to push me to the edge and seems okay with breaking every possible rule in the book? Oh, Tabby! What are you getting yourself into?!

"Tabby answer me." She said bringing me out of my thoughts.

I know I had the power to stop this charade but deep down inside my heart, I wanted to see Greg.

This is just gonna be a one-time thing. Got it, Tabby's heart?

Why do I feel like I have two contrasting people living inside my head?

"I won't tell you." I somewhat croaked out.

Rita squealed. She then told me that we had to go freshen up. I wondered what was wrong with the dress I was wearing. As if reading my mind, she told me it was too covering. Oh, Rita!

She brought out a shopping bag I hadn't noticed before and I gasped at the clothes she brought out.

She had gone shopping for both of us. How long had she been planning this?

She gave me this cute yellow gown that was just above the knees. I know I should be explaining the details and stuff but I don't know anything about fashion. Sorry!

Thank God it was a bit moderate, hers wasn't. Sometimes I swear, she dresses like a stripper.

Though she looks gorgeous with her figure 8. I'm curvy but not as curvy as Rita.

She wanted to make up my face but I blatantly refused. I refuse to be dolled up for no particular reason.

About an hour later, they all arrived. They all commented on our looks and we also did the same.