CHAPTER 12

We got to his house before 4 pm. Greg said he wanted to introduce me to his parents before the party started.

I had my first glimpse of the house when we stopped at the security post.

It had a very long driveway, lined with trees and beautiful flowers.

They had several carports and there were already expensive looking cars parked there.

Ranging from Lamborghinis to  Ferraris. Even some Limousines and G-wagons were insight. Let's just say this is obviously a party for the rich.

I didn't know when I exclaimed out loud.

Sure I lived in the posh part of Lagos, but it doesn't mean I still don't get in awe of stuff like this.

Greg parked the car in a closed-off garage and we got out.

I looked around me and found myself dumbfounded.

The house, sorry, the mansion was humongous.

It had a domineering/stoic look to it but it was beautiful. It was definitely not one of those remnant colonial buildings. It's a modern building.

I don't know anything about architecture, funny because my dad is an architect but, whoever designed this mansion deserves massive accolades.

"Greg, this place is beautiful!" I exclaimed, turning towards my boyfriend.

He chuckled slightly before saying, "Yeah, I guess. Welcome to my home Tabby."

I smiled. He then began to lead me inside.

We were almost inside the house, having climbed a few steps, when we heard a shrill voice hollering Greg's name.

I felt Greg tense before we both turned around.

Coming towards us were two pretty girls of around our age.

It was obvious that the person that hollered was the one with blonde hair because she was still waving at him.

The girls both had Latina looks to them. Maybe they are family, I thought. But, why then does Greg look so uncomfortable?

When they got to us, the blonde girl engulfed Greg in a rather prolonged intimate hug.

Okay! I thought to myself.

Greg finally managed to pull himself away from her.

The other girl just smiled at Greg and I awkwardly.

"Oh Gregory, how have you been? Didn't you miss me? 'Cause I did. A lot! You never come to our house anymore. That's why when L told me your parents were throwing a party, I decided to come as her plus one." All this she said whilst touching Greg inappropriately and pouting and sulking like a kid.

Who the hell is this girl?!

She's starting to piss me off.

As if she just noticed my presence, she sized me up and then asked Greg who I was.

Greg cleared his throat and said,

"Sorry for my lack of manners. Guys, this is my girlfriend. Her name is Tabitha."

He then turned to me and said,

"Tabby, that's my cousin, Lolita and her friend, Inez." The blonde being the latter.

I smiled and waved at them. His cousin also did the same. But "queen snobby" decided to huff and strut away.

I giggled inwardly. Take that bitch.