Chapter 13

Ivy

Ivy

That night at the club was ingrained into my brain. What was meant to be a night to escape became a night I wish never happened. Jason fucking Clarke showed up. Out of all the clubs in London, and out of all the people he could have bumped into, he bumped into me.

Just thinking about him made my skin crawl, not out of fear, but out of disgust. He was Megan's boyfriend and Samantha's brother. Something didn't feel right. It couldn't have been a coincidence that he just happened to bump into me that night. Did Samantha know he was in town? My eyes darkened at the thought, staring at her from behind my sunglasses as I lounged in the centre of Scarlett's pool. Something didn't smell right, my senses were on high alert, as I thought of all the possibilities. I smelled a rat.

I closed my eyes, trying to relax under the warmth of the sun. Luckily for me and the rest of the rich people that populated London, it decided to grace us with its presence today. I lay in a bikini, marvelling at Scarlett's luxury pad. For someone who spent her life in hiding, she did pretty well for herself. Once the coast was clear we came out of hiding and she moved us here. A mansion just outside of London, away from the toxic fumes of the city and into the peaceful crisp air that the countryside had to offer.

Part of me was curious about how she managed to afford this, but I decided against asking her. It was her business, and after what she went through, she deserved to live a secure danger free life. Although it won't be secure and danger-free for long. I sighed, my fingertips dipping into the pool as I enjoyed the comforting warmth of the sun kissing and caressing my skin.

Carly was blessed with an amazing figure. One a lot of women will kill for. She had a natural tan, long legs that went on for days and a slim toned stomach with delicious abs. Just the thought of her made my mouth water and my nether regions moist. I badly wanted to touch her, kiss those delicious lips that I'd dreamed of and make her come undone with just the touch of my hands and tongue. If only I could, but I knew that was a dream that would never come true. I wasn't real. I'm nothing but an entity that was created from the scars of her past.

A loud splash caught my attention, and I shook my head, clearing it from my lustful sinful thoughts. A slim figure lurked in the water, her shadow swimming towards me in her light blue bikini. I removed my glasses, glaring at her as she placed her arms on the floating contraption I was on. She stared at me with her dark green eyes, those eyes that Carly stared into while Samantha was fucking her the night they met.

'May I help you? Or did you purposely do that just to ruin my day?'

'Oh.....Ivy, it's you. I though....'

'Well of course it's me, were you hoping for Carly? Sorry to disappoint!' I sneered in a bitchy tone, pushing her arms away and I dived into the pull, swimming towards the ladder. Looks like my quiet relaxing morning will have to wait. I climbed out of the pool, shivering from the light cool breeze as I picked up my towel and patted myself dry. I didn't want to be anywhere near Samantha, not when I didn't trust her with my life, or Carly's.