Prolepsis

Author's Note

Surprise!! After much thought and lots of thinking. I decided to surprise you all and post this early. I was originally going to post this in a few days but I thought why not now! So here it is everyone! Surprise!

Like the start of book one. This is also a flash-forward so please keep that in mind! I hope you all enjoy the beginning of this second book! I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts and comments! ❤

 This is also a flash-forward so please keep that in mind! I hope you all enjoy the beginning of this second book! I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts and comments! ❤

Taylor

I could feel my arms tremble as I starred down the barrel of my gun, aiming at the two frantic mass of limbs that fought at the top of the stairs. The sickening sound of bones crunching and cracking filled my ears, as arms and fists collided and twisted against the other, like two ferocious animals at a deadlock. It was a heated battle of dominance and power, a fight for the survival of the fittest, a fight to the death.

I licked my suddenly dry lips as time stood still, my sweaty hands tightening around my gun. The sound of my mum's anguished cries in the background echoed in my ears, and for a brief moment, my eyes darted to her crying on the floor, clutching her bleeding arm. My heart clenched and ached to help her, to reach for her hand and pull her behind me, but the frantic voice in my head told me to stop. I shook my head and looked towards the top of the stairs once more, taking a deep breath.

'Shoot, shoot!' The voice in my head screamed as the scene before me escalated. 'Do something, do something quick!' I swallowed hard, feeling the pressure of the situation pile on top of me like a pile of bricks. The seconds passed me by, I knew I had to do something, I had to decide before it was too late. I had to save my mum and uncle. 'You've got to do it now, do it now!' the voice in my head screamed again. 'Do it!' With a gut-wrenching feeling of dread coursing through my stomach, I steadied my arms, taking aim at my target. Finally, I had a clear shot, Ivy was in my sight. This was it, I had to do it. I had to shoot.

'You bitch!' My uncles screamed, slamming Ivy against the wall opposite the stair railing. She hissed in pain from the hit, fighting against his much larger frame as he enclosed his hands around her neck, trapping her between the wall and himself. Beads of sweat fell down the side of his face, drenching his once pristine clothes from earlier today. Pure rage was reflected on his face and I momentarily lowered my gun. Why was he angry? Shouldn't he be frightened, even running for his life?'

'I'm going to kill you! I'm going to kill you just like I killed your bastard son!' Ivy yelled, staring back at him with just as much hatred. I could tell her my venomous words shocked him as his hands loosened around her neck, eyes widening in shock.

Son? He had a son? Who? And how did Ivy now? 'What's the matter, cat cut your tongue? You should have been there, he begged for his life, begged for mercy like a scared little girl.'

'Shut up! Shut up!' He gripped her neck again, choking her till the laughter died on her lips. 'You're going to pay for what you did, you and your brother, I'm going to make you both suffer.' She reached into her pocket, taking out a small object, a knife. 'No!' The voice in my head screamed 'Don't let her, you've got to shoot! Shoot now! Do it!' This was it, I had to take my shot. I've got a clear aim.

'Fuck!' My uncle stumbled back and Ivy's head-butted him raising the knife in her hand. I quickly fired two shots without hesitation, hearing the bullets flying through the air as they hit Ivy and blood splattered on the wall. The knife fell from her hand as she fell down the stairs, her body coming to a stop in front of me.

'Noooooo! Nooooo! Taylor what have you done!'

My mum came rushing towards me, pushing me aside as she cradled Ivy's head, pushing her hair aside. She looked at me with tears running down both her cheeks.

'She's your sister, your twin sister.' She whispered.

***********************************************************************

There is everyone! The start of my book. I hope you all enjoyed this! What did you think?! Was it what you all expected? Comment down below and let me know your thoughts! ❤