The Interviews

I am locked in a dark room. I see no trace of a door or windows. I try to makeout my surrounding but find a single bed in the middle of the room. I blink once and then I see a light appear above the bed. It is a faint light, struggling to light up the room. I feel a force pull me up off the ground and carry me toward the bed. I realize that it is a man dressed in black, his grip tight around the back of my knees. Then he plops me down on the comfy bed.

        I realize that this man is nobody else but Blight. His dirty blonde hair glistening in the faint light, his piercing green eyes giving me a mischievous look. I look at him. His muscular body threatening to kill, his unforgettable gaze, his square jaw tightening. In a moment he is shirtless and walking towards me. I try to scoot away but I am glued to the bed on my back. I thrash but it is useless. He climbs on top of me, gripping my wrists with such force that I let out a yelp. That is when he crashes his lips to mine and starts to kiss me with such passion that I cannot even manage to keep his tongue out of my mouth. He bites my lower lip and kisses my neck repeatedley then sucking on my skin occasionally. Then with a brisk movement, he strips off my skirt and proceeds to take off the rest of my garments. 

        I am left bare and cold waiting for my fate. He seems to know all of my tender spots, especially the one next to my collarbone and on my hip bones. He forces himself in me while I thrash around trying to escape this nightmare, but in vain. 

        "Don't you like this, Baby Doll?" he whispers seductively.

        "With you, never!" I cry.

        "Well then too bad, Sweet Pea. You are all mine. You're my slave. I won't let you go that fast. Your boyfriend has been hung by neck, you won't get this from him anymore..." he grins maliciously and speeds up the pace. I cry and scream as he thrusts harder but this results in abuse on his behalf. Unwanted kisses, malicious and invasive touches, despised sex. This is my life right now. Then I feel my soul break when he touches my chest. I am left in darkness.

        I wake up panting and covered in sweat. I see Lance jolt up as soon as I am up. This was a dream. It was not real. But yet again, it was real. I was raped just yesterday and the nightmares are more haunting than the actual thing. Lance hugs me tight as I try to recover from the nightmare. 

        "Was it..." he says, I don't let him finish.

        "Yes. I would rather die in the Games than go through this again." I cry. 

        "I'm so sorry. But I don't know what it feels. I can imagine physical pain and all but I don't know what a girl feels since I am not the one being invaded." he says.

        "It feels as if you were being stripped of your soul, of your personality, of your morals. You're controlled, abused, invaded, by a human being who is selfish. Your gut hurts like hell, so does your brain, and you just feel like vomiting the whole time. He was just selfish..." I say, staring into space.

        "Oh." he manages to say, "Mental pain as well..." he gasps. I look at him with puffy eyes.

        "Yeah. And I know that it will haunt me forever. But I don't want to talk about it." I say and roll to my right side and drift off to sleep.

        I wake up three hours later, Livia pounding on my door. She enters after I let her in and she looks at me in a pitiful way. She knows. She picks out some pants and a green shirt. She helps me up and makes me look semi presentable.