Home

I feel protective arms around me as I wake up. For a moment, I do not understand what is going on except for the fact that I have a banging in my head. I open my eyes slowly and realize that I am no longer in the arena. I am in a dark room, sleeping with a person. I recognize that I am in the Capitol since the taste in decorations is so tacky. I also realize that I am naked and that those protective arms belong to no one else but Seneca Crane. I try to move but they squeeze tighter.

"Stay Johanna." I hear a faint murmur coming out of him.

"Darling, I would love to but my prep team is going to be here soon. They know I am here, right?" I say.

"Shit, I forgot." he says opening his eyes and yawning. 

He sits up and looks at my face. His icy blue eyes stare deeply into mine and he leans in and kisses me gently. I kiss him back. He goes to a different room and comes back with a yellow dress. 

"It's my sister's. It should fit you." he says as he hands it to me.

As he goes to the bathroom, I put on the flowy dress. Now I just have to wait here for my prep team to come get me back to the Tribute Center. He comes back and stares at me for a second. He takes my hand gently and walks me downstairs to the living room where he hands me a cup of tea. Soon enough I hear the doorbell ring.

"Well, your ride is here." he chuckles.

"Yup. Can't wait to be killed." I say.

I walk out the door to see my prep team. They engulf me and lead me to the car where they begin to brush my hair and clear my face of makeup. We reach the center in  a meager five minutes and I am sitting in a comfy chair, my face covered in a pink cream.

"How was the Victor dinner with the Gamemaker?" asks Yasmeyne.

"It was nice. We went to a bar." I reply simply. I don't want them to know.

"How fancy!" They all squeal.

"How come you were at his house?" they ask.

"I was invited for breakfast." I lie.

"How sweet! Seneca is so charming." says Yasmeyne.

They wash my body and do my makeup all over again. My hair gets brushed and washed while my nails are painted. Once they style it in a strange side braid ponytail thing, I put on a bright red dress which has a deep neckline with a gold design surrounding it. The dress is long but only on my left side. he other is cut open. I am handed gold heels which I dread to wear but I put them on anyway. They hand me gold jewelry which I don't necessarily want to wear because I will look unlike myself. But when I reach the mirror, I see someone completely different. Although my makeup is somewhat dark, it is not like usual. I look beautiful. 

"You like it?" asks Tule.

"I love it." I reply.

"Good, now let's get going. Sweetie, you're going home." she says.

Blight and Griffan walk into the room and carry some of my things. Blight raises his eyebrow at me and smirks lightly. I quickly give him a death glare but turn away when Livia comes in saying that the camera crew will be here in two minutes.

When the doors open, I walk outside into a mob of flashing cameras. They all scream my name and ask me to pose or smile for them but I rarely do. I just walk over to the car and we drive off to the train station. Once there, another camera crew is waiting for me. I sigh as I get out of the car and make my way to the train. I walk quickly and get in. I find myself in the dining car and I reach for a piece of cake and a glass of a blue substance. The drink burns in my throat but numbs me after yesterday.