The Games 1.2

I open my eyes and find myself standing in the middle of the Cornucopia. I don't see anyone, but a mysterious fog is coming my way. It's cold and there is a slight breeze. The boardwalks are still frozen and the lake is still treacherous. I suddenly hear a yelp and I turn around but there is nobody. I turn back around and see the girl from Ten threatening to kill Lance. He is weak and helpless. Her knife is against his skin on his neck, an evil smirk drawn across her face. 

        "Goodbye!" she snickers as the blade goes across his neck. He falls to the ground and she is now coming for me. 

        I try to move but my body is frozen to the ground. I panic and start to have an attack. She is charging at me, knife in hand, happy to see my struggle. She reaches me and looks me straight in the eyes.

        "Your turn, Beautifully Helpless." she smiles as her knife gets closer to me.

        "Kill me. I don't want to live in this world. Be my guest." I say as I remember that this is just a dream and that I don't want to live without my loves anymore.I feel the knife hit my chest and I jolt up awake.

        I look around briskly, reminding myself where I am. It's not hard to remember that you are no longer in the lavish Capitol but in a forest next to mountains, in the snow, with a lover in your sleeping bag. I glance to my right and see Lance sleeping soundly, cuddled up into a ball. It has to be morning since the sun is just about up and there is a blinding light reflecting off the snow. I grab my axe and jump out of the tree, slamming onto the snow. I am hungry as hell and Lance is probably as well even though he is sleeping. I quickly look around and start to scavenge for food.

        I find a bunch of blueberries and some mint leaves. I scrape some tree bark for tea and I search for a nice roast of some sort. I catch a rabbit and kill some sort of hog. I hang my prey from the branches in the tree so that the blood comes out of it and wait for Lance to wake up. A boom of a cannon wakes him up frantically. 

        "Johanna." he says in panic.

        "Yeah?" I say with a slight grin.

        "You're safe. Oh thank god." he says. He sits up and looks at our prey branch.

        "Breakfast?" I ask.

        "Definitely." he answers and I take the rabbit from the branch and we set up a fire on the ground. We eat up, listening to the birds chant. That's when I hear the first arrow fly by. 

        We both turn around frantically and see the girl from Two running straight at us. We break into a run, taking our bags and our weapons, sprinting straight ahead. We reach a small cliff and have no other way to escape. She comes close, a smirk painted across her face as she loads her bow. The cliff isn't that high. The water is deep, cannot be frozen because there is steam coming from it. There are no rocks. It's not the vile lake. It's a nice looking lake. She pulls, and gets close.

        "So, District Seven, ain't it? Named the most beautiful in Panem? It would be shame to see them both die at my hands, wouldn't it?" she smirks.

        I grab Lance's hand and take a step back.

        "Afraid of me? Good. Should be that way." She laughs.

        "Don't think Lance, just jump." I say as I pull him with me and we both just jump from the cliff. 

        We fall from the cliff and the girl shoots an arrow at us. She misses and we both hit the water with a huge clap. We are submerged in warm water and I see all of the strange creatures. There are turtles, fish, and some weird shell things. We swim hand in hand until we reach the surface. The girl is long gone, thinking we died in the fall, and we swim safely to shore.