03

The art ✨ 🤩

This is probably going to be my favorite chapter ngl

//

Sapnap chuckles. "You'd be surprised. We should probably wake him up, he's going to be more jet-lagged if he sleeps during the afternoon."

George looks at the tall man sleeping peacefully, spread out over the small bed. "No, it's ok. He looks pretty tired. Just let him sleep for a bit." Sapnap studies him for a bit and eventually relents, following him around the door.

They both walk into the kitchen, and George goes up to the stove. He opens the lid of the large pot and is hit with the delectable fragrance of marinara sauce and oregano.

"Mm Sapnap you're awesome." He can't remember the last time he had a home-cooked meal like this. George basically lived on take-out and cold sandwiches.

He takes a bow and mocks George's accent. "Thank you m'lady. I was born this way."

George whacks him on the head and shakes his own. What an idiot. "When did you learn to cook anyway?"

"Well my mom taught me the basics before I moved out, but it was when I moved in with Dream for the most part. The dude was living off instant ramen and fast food so I kinda had to." Sapnap says, folding the sauce around the sides of the vessel into the pasta.

George wasn't surprised in the least. Dream did not care about his health at all. They had to remind him to eat and sleep on a regular basis because all he wanted to do was play Minecraft, whether it was improving his speedrunning skills or just being on the multiple servers they were apart of, socializing.

"Well one good thing came out of Dream's idiocy." He says, grabbing a fork nearby and jabbing a piece. He blows on it for a second before placing it in his mouth, savoring the rich flavor. "I find it hard to believe that you're Greek and not Italian."

"Aw stop it, I'm blushing." Sapnap says, fanning his face. George cracks a grin and places the fork down, leaning against the kitchen island. "So what's the surprise?"

"You're not going to catch me off guard Sap, I'm not an idiot." George replies, laughing at Sapnap's sullen expression.

"You're so annoying. Your pasta privileges have been revoked." Sapnap says, snatching the fork before George can grab it. 

"No way, they're my groceries." George points out.

"Ok, let's see you eat frozen vegetables and uncooked pasta." He quips with a smirk. George opens his mouth but closes it quickly. Sapnap smiles in victory, and pats his back.

"I haven't made the meatballs yet, you want to help?"

George collapses on the couch and puts his legs up on the armrest, exhaling heavily. "Cooking is exhausting."

Sapnap scooches his leg off and sits across from him, looking at the Brit critically. "Come on, we made a few little meatballs. You haven't seen anything yet."

"At least day after tomorrow, none of us are going to have to cook." George grins, opening his eyes to look at his friend.

"Oh yeah, I don't think Dream emailed my ticket to me, I'm going to have to ask him later." Sapnap says, taking out his phone and putting a reminder in for tomorrow.

"Speaking of," George says, turning his head to look at Dream, who has a severe bed head, but is looking much more rested than before. "Evening."

"Hey, did you guys make food?" He asks, his voice still gruff from sleep.