15

"Karl already told me everything. You guys should seriously try for the lottery with this kind of luck." Techno says, walking into the warmly lit room.

George exhales steadily and leads him into the kitchen. "Yeah, it's not exactly good luck so I'm not sure if that would work."

Techno furrows his brows. "Are you ok George?"

"Fine." George waves him off. "It's been an eventful evening."

Techno nods and leans down next to Dream. "Hey dude." He greets.

"Techno my friend," Dream smiles, clapping his back. "Join the party!"

Techno looks back at George who just shakes his head, leaning against the marble island in exhaustion. He mutters under his breath as he checks the man's glossy-red eyes. "Ok. Weed is probably one of them. It's the most common one around here,"

"Wait, one of them?" George asks incredulously.

"Yeah, weed isn't usually a liquid. Something was injected into him—there." He says pointing to the small puncture in Dream's skin. "Can you tell me what he's been like? Hallucinations, lack of concentration, anything? The most useful information would be in the first thirty minutes of him ingesting whatever it is he did."

George shakes his head. "Sapnap would know that. But definitely hallucinations. I think memory loss? He doesn't remember anything that happened this afternoon. He also couldn't control his body, it was like he was controlled by his impulses or something," He pauses. "Ok, that sounded weird but you get what I'm saying."

Techno slowly narrows it down. "Don't worry about it man. Anything else? His behavior?"

"Hey guys, look at this!" Dream interrupts George, reaching into his pocket and twiddling a syringe with his thumb. "Cool or what?"

"Well fuck." Techno huffs, grabbing the needle out of the air as Dream throws it up. "This makes it easier."

He tilts the tube, studying the small amount of yellowish liquid and nodding to himself. "Probably PCP. Where they got it is the bigger question."

"So how long will it take before it wears off? Will he be ok?" George asks, firing questions at the man.

"Honestly he's going to have to sleep this off. Karl read some bullshit online which probably won't even help. At most, the tea will help him calm down." Techno pulls out a ziplock bag and throws the syringe into it, sealing it up. "Right now, you might want to get him into some warm clothes and stay close in case he tries to do something stupid."

"Thanks Techno. I appreciate it." George nods, walking with him to the door.

The man nods. "I have to go turn this in, maybe the station can find those guys. I'll try to come by in the morning. If not, then at Karl's."

"Goodnight." George says, waving as he closes the door. He sneezes into his arm, rubbing his sore nose into his shoulder as he walks back to the man who was looking at an orange very intently. "That's a very interesting looking orange." He humors.

"Everything's so bright and shiny." Dream mumbles. George flicks his gaze away as he sees Dream studying him attentively. He can feel the other man's stare on him as he picks up his coffee mug, chugging the nasty room-temperature liquid. He's going to need the caffeine if he's going to get through tonight.

He gags as he swallows the last of it, wiping his lips of the bitter taste and pulling Dream's wrist. "Come on. Let's both get changed before we both get sick." He squats down next to the blonde's dark-colored suitcase as the other plops down on their bed, looking up at the soft lights.