17

Hold onto your hats people, we're going for a wild ride 😏

//

"You wanna tell me where we're going?" Dream asks as George pulls him into the elevator. The Brit hums as he pushes a button on the panel, that was...definitely not the ground floor. "Are we going to the roof?"

"Come on." George pushes him out of the elevator and out into the pleasant breeze of the night. He leaves the blonde's side as he walks over to the switches, flipping them up.

Dream's eyes adjust to the sudden light, widening at the sight. Rows of greenery were illuminated by strings of glowing embers casting the flora with a soft orange glow. The delicate plants sway with the wind, bringing the scent of moist soil to their noses. It was a floating garden in the stars.

He looks behind him to see George's smile broadening, gesturing to the edge of the building. He walks through the canopy of gentle lights, stopping a few feet from the border. "Holy shit." He whistles in awe at the view of the city.

"My official apology for ignoring you all day." George declares.

Dream steps closer to the brink of the even concrete, seemingly lost in the sight of the bustling cityscape. He looks back at George, scanning the captivating brown eyes that seemed ablaze by the reflections of the beautiful lights surrounding them. "So you admit it." He muses, regaining a better hold of the beer bottle that had slipped in his hand. "Apology officially accepted."

The Brit beams and saunters over to the edge, paying no regard to Dream's anxious warning as he sits down in his usual spot. "Come sit." George says simply as he pats the spot next to him, looking over his shoulder at the blonde.

"Welp, on the bright side, if we fall and die it'll be super dramatic on the news." Dream snorts, carefully squatting down next to the Brit.

"Always the optimist." George rolls his eyes.

"Just picture it, YouTube stars Georgenotfound and Dream die tragically after falling off a fifteen story building in Florence Italy. Speculators say the stress got to be too much and they committed suicide together but we may never know." He narrates professionally, adding inflections of suspense into his voice.

Dream observes him as George throws his head back in laughter. His dark locks swayed like feathers over his forehead, his jawline tightening as he's distracted by the few visible stars above them. "Well it's an interesting way to die." The brunette smiles. "But I don't want to go like that."

Dream chuckles, scooting closer to the man. "I wasn't being serious. But hypothetically if I was, why?"

George calmly exhales and looks into the other's glazed eyes carefully, his gaze unwavering. "There's a lot of things I want to do that I haven't yet."

The words wash over Dream, slowly filtering from his ears into his mind, settling daintily on the top of his heart. Don't do this, you'll regret it. His mind urgently warns him, reminding him of the massive loss he'll most likely suffer over the small chance of success.

"So deep, I know." George snorts before catching sight of the blonde's face torn with contemplation and tension. He places a soft hand on the other's forearm, his gaze dropping with uncertainty. "Are you ok?"

Dream looks down at him, offering a small smile. "Yup, just need some liquid courage." He says, tipping the bottle up and taking a swig. He licks his bottom lip as he places the beer down onto the floor.

George grins and shakes his head, looking out at the dark skyline. "For what? Jumping off?"

Dream shrugs. "Something like that."