Shane ~ Chapter 57

Point out errors please!! Thanks.

Beautiful cover made by AAKhan

Excruciating pain. Bones crumbling at the harsh impact. That is what I felt. Everything but my foot made it into the pool. My ankle slammed off the concrete ground above the pool as my body plunged into the cool water.

I could feel the shattering in my ankle from the impact. All the little bones broke and moved around.

I popped right up out of the water and cupped my hand over my mouth. I was going to scream out in pain. The last thing I needed was to draw even more attention to me.

God only knows how many people saw my great exit out the window. At any given moment I could be spotted. This gave me the motivation to get moving, no matter how much pain I was in.

I grabbed the side of the pool and hoisted myself out as cautiously as possible. Every single tiny movement I made had a ripple effect on my ankle. I breathed in and out very slowly. Slow and steady breathing helped soothe me a teeny bit, but I just really wanted to yell and scream and hit someone.

But, of course something had to go wrong. There is always that one thing that keeps your plan from working without interruption. This was mine. I only had a few minutes to get out of sight before someone drug me back to Jordan.

I was not going to let my painstaking injury keep me from getting the hell away from a psychopath. I never wanted to even see his face! Everyone who I had met in the last few years that were associated with him were all imposters, liars who conned me into believing them. He had me falling for everything. How naive I was!

Angrily, I stood up putting most of my weight on my left foot, my good foot. I gulped as I began to limp towards the woods. I had to put slight pressure on my right foot, or I would get nowhere. I held onto the wall of the house for as long as I could, which was a very short distance. I wished I had had a walker or something to help me move quicker, but I never had really planned on killing my ankle/foot.

When I could no longer hold onto the wall, I took off in a light limping jog into the forest. I do not even know how I had done it, but I know that it took all of my might not to shriek from pain.

Not to mention, I was soaking wet. The cold air was hitting me harshly. I was in misery, but all I could think about was Leo.

Was he going to save me? Were we ever going to even meet again? What if he thinks I am too broken?

I could feel water filling up my eyes as these thoughts ran wild through my mind.

"No. Do not cry," I commanded. I did not need to be weak. I needed to be strong.

I picked up a stick. It was going to help me go faster. I sped up to go as fast as I could. Obviously, I was not moving very quick, but I was trying.

From what I saw, I knew I was almost out of the woods. The trees started evening out and the light was becoming more bright and red. The sun was setting and it must have been a pretty sunset.

Surprinsingly, no wolves had stopped me yet, which probably meant they were helping with the wedding. That was surprising. Usually there were still border patrols out to watch for trespassers. It just struck me as odd, but what do you expect when the pack is being run by a psychotic maniac.

In all reality, I had no idea what I was going to do once I got out of the woods. I would not know where to go or what to do.

I did not have a phone, so it was not like I could just call Leo and ask him to pick me up. I also did not have any money.