Chapter 47

Pulling up to the Oasis Fun Center, I was so mad I hadn't thought of going there sooner. Granted, I didn't technically know such a great place existed. But it was so beautiful, and they had absolutely everything. We ended up doing more than we planned for, starting with the laser maze, then moving to the go karts, kicked some ass at laser tag, and finished with mini golf.

"How are you so good at this?!" Zayn was laughing when I got my third hole-in-one halfway through the course.

"It's pure luck, babe. Trust me." It really was. I kept telling myself I was using math to figure out the angles of the course, but the ball did the opposite of what I wanted it to, so it was purely good fortune.

"I love when you call me babe." He wrapped his arm around my waist before leaning down to kiss me. "Now teach me your ways, Happy Gilmore." He said it without pulling away and I laughed so hard I nearly bit his lip.

"You're referencing some of my favorite movies lately. Are you feeling okay?" I put my wrist to his forehead.

"Well it's all the stuff we've been watching nonstop." He took another shot, trying to finish the hole that I was already done with.

"Don't blame me, you stocked the movie basket."

"Because I love you enough to watch every dumb movie Adam Sandler creates." He winked at me. "Still find it strange that they're your favorite movies, but who am I to judge." He shrugged and hit his ball again, making it bounce off a fake rock and away from the hole.

"Would you rather I be a Nicholas Sparks fan?"

"I was about to say hell no, but I don't exactly know what that means if I'm being honest." He laughed at himself as he took his 5th put, finally sinking his ball.

"He's the guy that writes all of those sappy love stories like The Notebook and stuff."

"Those are good movies." He shrugged.

"I like them, they're just not my favorite.." We moved onto the 13th hole and I went first. My luck seemed to have run out when my ball bounced off of the wall next to the hole and passed it up completely.

"I guess I should feel lucky that I don't have to sit through that sappy shit all the time. At least with the comedies I get to watch you laugh." He took his first shot, his ball landing close to mine.

"You do that?" His eyes were a little wide, focusing on the ground.

"I suppose you didn't know that." He laughed nervously.

"No, I didn't." I hit my ball, landing it straight in the hole. But, I ignored it and walked over to him instead. "You are so cute." I wrapped my hand around his neck, pulling him down to kiss me.

"I love you." He whispered against my mouth.

"I love you."

••••••

"That was so fun!" I exclaimed as we got into the car. "We need to have date days more often."

He agreed and pulled my hand into his own as we hopped onto the highway. "Do you wanna go home? Or maybe go out for some dinner?"

It was just past 5 o'clock and the sun was almost out of sight. "I could go for some food."

"Restaurant or fast food?"

"Whatever we see first." We drove along the highway, passing a lot of empty land. California has more farm land, vineyards, and orchards than it likes to advertise. Ten minutes later it was clear we weren't going to pass anything.