Chapter one

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, transmitted, or stored in a retrieval system, in any form or by any means, without permission in writing from the author.

This is purely a work of fiction. All form of resemblance to living or dead persons are purely coincidental.

Please, I strongly enjoin you to share your thoughts as you read on.

“ Dad, Daddy” I screamed at the top of my voice when I got to the bottom of the staircase in our sitting room.

“ I'm coming” He responded from up the stairs, his room. I sat happily on the sofa in the sitting room, looking around for the umpteenth time in case I forgot something I will need. I was finally resuming to the University as a fresher after two months of waiting expectantly. Expectantly because my best friend and maybe only friend who also lived in the same Estate as I had left for school in Canada over two months now so permit my over excitement to go to school.

After waiting for a while I left the sitting room to go and check my room for the umpteenth time also in case I left something important. I had woken up very early in the morning to take my bath due to the adrenaline rush I had been feeling since yesterday evening.

My Dad and Granny were still dressing up, Dad didn't have to wake me up because of my adrenaline rush even though I slept late, I was choked with expectation, too busy imagining my new life in the University. I woke up myself without the need of an alarm at 6am sharp, and now it is some minutes past 8am. We woke up early because my University, Fortress University, is in Lagos and we live in Ibadan.

As I walked into my somehow empty room, I patted and dusted imaginary dirt from the bed, stood up and paced the room humming a song. I stopped in front of the sticky pictures my Mum gave me on my 15th birthday a few days before she died, The first picture was a picture she took when she was pregnant with me, the second picture was the picture taken on my 10th year birthday with my favourite gown.

I chuckled at the memory, I don't even know why I liked the gown because looking back it wasn't as stunning as I thought it was, My Mum had already bought me a new gown for the birthday, but I insisted strongly and cried and cried for me to wear my favorite gown. The last sticky pic is a writing, my Mum favourite phrase for describing me.

" You are God's golden princess"

It was almost as if Mum knew she was going to die, A tear rolled down my face as I remembered her last words

“ Wuraoluwa, always look up and know that He that made you is faithful”

That was the last sentence I heard from her. It's been two years since she died, it hadn't been easy but I'm glad we had come this far. It was just like yesterday when a taxi parked in front of our house, and we heard Grandma shouting Femi, Femi, my Father's name from the front of the gate. To cut the long story short, we saw Granny with huge bags and I knew for a certain that Granny was coming to live with us for good. I have enjoyed her stay though because it's always fun to see her shouting at my Dad to do this and do that, She often complains that it looks like she is training two teenagers, my Dad and me. My Dad is just like that, nonchalant about some things.

The loud sound of my phone ringing jolted me from my thoughts, it was my Dad calling.

“ Wuraoluwa, are you not going again” My Dad said after I picked up the phone

“ I'm coming” I replied and quickly pulled the first sticky picture along with me.

“ See my baby all grown up, You are now going to University” My Granny said as she dragged one of my pink suitcases, the one with my provisions and toiletries. I quickly walked up to her to help with the suitcase.