Epoilgue

Five years later

Immediately the Uber driver  stopped in front of one of the most popular restaurants in Lagos, I smiled contently. It is my first time here but from the online reviews and ridiculous amount they charge for a meal, my expectations are way high.

As I stepped into the restaurant, the dazzling lights and ambience felt good but I still feel an urgent need to taste their food to know whether it's worth the hype or not.

I rolled my eyes as I remembered that the bills are on Stephanie and so I don't need to bother myself with unnecessary details.  Honestly no matter how good the pictures taken here might be for my Instagram feed, I can't be a regular here because their bills can take up most of my salary.

I looked around for either Stephanie or Hannah, I got delayed a bit by my Uber driver so I thought they will have arrived already. We are just hanging out for the first time in three years although we never stopped being best friends but after graduation and NYSC, Stephanie travelled outside the country for her masters degree, Hannah was still in school while I also schooled in the University of Ibadan for my masters degree and so some friendship activities was inhibited.

I sent a text to our group chat asking where on earth they are, I was already starting to feel awkward. Standing alone without knowing where to go in a room that scream class and opulence. Stephanie returned my text immediately.

We are in a private room, Just approach one of those guys walking around to lead you to where we are are. Tell them my name, I informed them that someone will be joining us.

" Hello ma'am" A young man clad  in uniform said to me, I looked up from my phone and smiled politely to him

" We noticed you have being standing here for awhile. Is there anything you want us to do for you" He asked, I nodded in response and explained to him.

As we want farther into the large restaurant, it began to look more exquisite and I wondered how much Stephanie will spend on this lunch date.

We stopped in front of a door and he bowed and left after telling me we had reached our destination. I pushed the door gently and entered the room. Stephanie and Hannah leaped to their feet immediately they saw me and pulled me into a bone crashing hug.

" I've missed you Wura" Stephanie said as she hugged me tightly and her rich fragrance wafted across my nose.

" Same here" I said as I patted her back, I felt pure happiness at that moment, reuniting with my best friends.

" Look at you. You look like you just stepped out of a magazine" Hannah said and I laughed

" Stop flattering me, you both look gorgeous too" I said with a smile, my red dress was nothing special although I took time to look presentable for an expensive lunch date by doing my makeup and wearing my best wig.

" No, Excuse me but I think I dropped something" Stephanie said and we looked at her, confused

" What?" Hannah asked

" My jaw. Wura, you look so beautiful" Stephanie said and we shook our head at her in disbelief.

" Stephanie, you still haven't changed. You are still like the 18 year old girl I knew seven years ago who cracks dry jokes and gives lame comebacks" I said with a little laughter

" Wow, Stephanie. All that for you" Hannah said gleefully

" That's was harsh" Stephanie said with a pout going back to sit on a chair beside the round table in the centre of the room. I took my time to study the room and it was beautiful just as expected.