Chapter Sixteen

Resumption day is finally here!

I just didn't want the holiday to finish yet. It had been amazing, I got back from Lagos two weeks ago after spending a whole month in Lagos, of course it was enough time for me to hang out with everyone I wanted to hang out with.

Lagos was really fun with sister Eno, Stephanie, Tife and Dieko and now I'm in the car with my Dad going back to Fortress. School? I don't know, I partially don't want to resume because this past few weeks has been so lovely without having to read my Economics and Accounting textbooks and at the same time it's better to resume and quickly get done with school.

" Time truly flies fast" Dad said looking out of the car's window as he drove. It's just my Dad and I in the vehicle, Grandma isn't back from her journey yet.

" And what brought about the conclusion" I asked focusing my eyes on him, I did look like my Dad a bit but I think I look more of my Mum than him. I'm fair skinned skin and he is dark skinned, he is an extrovert and I'm somehow an introvert, I can say I'm shy and at the same time bold. I took that from my Dad, he is very bold and loud about his opinions and my Mum was someone you can call a reserved person with smiley face and gentle behavior even though she was a lawyer and a small underneath human activist and Feminist. Blessedest memory I muttered silently.

" What's on your mind" Dad asked glancing at me. I also took the thick eyebrows from my Dad, I smiled as I remembered when my Mum told me not to ever cut my eyebrows in the fashion way because it made me and my Father look very cute to her, I have always honoured her opinion regarding my eyebrows even when I want to wear makeup but I do think that if she was still alive, I would cut it off a little.

" I just remember Mummy" I said with a smile

" Yeah, what is it you remembered about her" He asked

" Our eyebrows. You know she was very fascinated with our eyebrows. My eyebrows especially were like precious diamonds to her" I said with a little laugh, he laughed too

" You know, Stephanie's mum is also very fascinated about one of their pictures, she and her brother's from childhood, a very embarrassing picture if I must say" I said still laughing and he laughed along with me.

" To be honest it must be one of the reasons why your Mum agreed to marry me" Dad said with a laugh

" Because of your bushy eyebrows" I said laughing too

" I miss your Mum and I know you do too but this is what we hope for that one day we will all meet in heaven" Dad said and I nodded affirmatively

" But Dad, isn't it funny that when we truly all meet in heaven, you will no longer be my Father neither will Mum be my Mummy. We will now be brothers and sisters" I said wondering. He laughed before responding.

" I think it teaches us in a way that every man's life is seperate in God's presence and we are all uniquely created for his praise, personally not together as a family. That's why we can say that nobody is mistakenly born into this world, once you are conceived you have become a person in God's presence and not limited by family backgrounds or whatsoever and my salvation as your father doesn't suffice for yours, you are required to know him yourself" Dad replied and I nodded with a smile

" Now whenever you do something I don't like and I'm not the one at fault, I will pray to God to reprimand you. I will say Father, please I want you to convict Brother Femi Coker of his actions against me sister Wuraoluwa Coker" I said and we laughed heartily.

" Oh my goodness, what will I do with you" My Dad said smiling

" I know right, I'm the best daughter in the world" I announced gesturing with my hands