8. Breakups Are Inevitable

I silently pull up in front of Bea's apartment before gently pressing on the brake.

There has been an awkward aura around us all day.

To be more specific it made itself apparent after I heatedly yelled at her for offering me a cheeseburger.

I awkwardly shift in my seat so that I am facing the blue haired girl.

She avoids all eye contact with me as she unbuckles her seatbelt and goes to open her door.

I have to be honest, my heart hurts at the thought of losing her.

Before she get the chance to climb out of my car I grab ahold of her bicep, this action immediately causes her to freeze in her spot.

"Bea," my voice cracks against my will

I assume that the blue haired girl catches this judging by her choice to finally turn around and face me, albeit slowly.

"I am so so so incredibly sorry," I apologize to her

She continues to stare at me with an unreadable expression on her face.

"I swear I did not mean to shout at you earlier,"

The blue haired girl continues to stare at me in complete silence.

I begin to become worried that she is plotting ways to tell me that she does not wish to be friends with me anymore.

My heart beat quickens with fear at this realization.

"Please say something...anything" I barely get out

I am taken by surprise when she reaches across the arm rest and pulls me into a tight hug.

At the feeling of her warm embrace I bury my face in her shoulder and allow my tears to exit my eyes.

She allows me to sob into her shoulder until I have no more tears left to cry.

"It's okay," she gently runs her fingers along my hoodie covered spine

This simple action does wonders to calm me down.

"I know that you were just ticked off by what Nicole said to you" she says

I silently nod my head against her shoulder, sniffling my nose.

The two of us stay in this position for a few more moments, eventually separating from one another.

As my face comes into Bea's view she brings her hands up to gently rest on my wet cheeks. She takes the pads of her thumbs and delicately wipes my tears away.

I give her an appreciative smile which she ends up replicating.

The two of us are left in another odd silence. However this time I can tell that she wants to say something.

I bring one of my hands up to rest on top of one of hers.

"Just say it" I gently encourage her

She glances up from her hands to meet my eyes.

"I want you to be honest with me," She says after a moment of silence

I silently nod my head at this, not really knowing what she is going to ask me in any way, shape or form.

"Delaney...is there something you're not telling me?" She asks

I notice her eyes briefly shift down to my hoodie.

I furrow my eyebrows at this question.

"Uhm-" I glance down at said hoodie

"If you want to know where I got this from I apolo-" I answer her