Epilogue 3.0

My sleep schedule has been acting up again.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Delaney's POV

"Whoa" I whisper as I enter through the door of our rented beach house's bedroom.

Upon entering the large room my eyes immediately land on the large king size bed, the back of the oak headboard resting against the cream painted walls.

The glossy, tanned wood of the floor boards contrast this.

The white trim lines the bottom of the wall as well as the top of it, connecting to the matching ceiling and ceiling fan.

Directly across from the large bed is a sliding glass door that leads out to a large private beach that only the residents of the beach houses are allowed to use.

To the left of the sliding door is a tanned wooden sofa frame with stone grey cushions and two powder white decorative pillows.

Two long floor lamps rest beside the couch, one on either side of the piece of furniture.

To the right of the sliding glass door is a circular mirror with a tan frame, the reflective glass being mounted on the cream colored wall.

Directly beside the mirror is a large flatscreen television that is also mounted onto the cream colored wall.

A tan wooden dresser, with six drawers, rests underneath the mounted television.

Believe me, I was fine with staying inside of a hotel.

Imagine my surprise when she pulled up to this beach house and she told me that she rented it out for two weeks just for our honeymoon.

"What are you looking at?" A familiar voice interrupts my thoughts.

A large dorky smile makes its way onto my face as the black haired girl places her bags beside mine that are currently on top of the white bedspread.

"I think that I am going to change and go down to the beach." I tell her.

"Do you want to join me?"

"Fuck yeah!" She answers, not taking long to answer.

-

"I can't see." I groan out with frustration.

"You're the one who wanted to come down here even though we didn't arrive at the beach house until twelve in the morning." Hunter scoffs.

I roll my eyes at her logic, but choose not to argue since she is correct in this situation.

The two of us continue to trudge through the loose sand, the moonlight lighting our path.

"Are you scared?"

My wife furrows her eyebrows at my question.

"Scared of what?"

"Scared of how crazy it's going to be when we go back in two weeks." I say.

"We have only been here for forty minutes and honestly I do not want to leave. It's so peaceful and most of the locals have absolutely no clue who we are."

Hunter uses one of her hands to grab ahold of my hand that is closest to her and immediately interlocks our cold fingers. I continue to talk as she does this.

"I mean, you saw how relentless the paparazzi and some of our supporters were."

"If we do not make some changes soon then we could possibly end up not only endangering ourselves, but our friends and families."