Midterms.

Xander

Some people wouldn't describe themselves as 'school people'. It's the reason a lot of people choose not to attend college because if you think about it, college is kind of more of a choice than high school. Most parents make their kids complete high school, but don't force them to go to college. College costs money, some parents don't force their kids into that especially if they know they're not going to enjoy it or possibly drop out.

Me? I've always known I was going to attend college one day. I actually enjoy learning and don't mind spending as much money as I am when I know I'm going to get something out of it. A degree along with an experience of a lifetime. Plus my dad and mom never graduated college, so I like that I'd be the first. I've had my shittiest years in college, but also the most fun. Shitty because of my depression but fun because I do whatever the fuck I want without a single care in the world.

Something I fucking hate about college though? Midterms.

I find midterms worse than fucking finals. I can't give a good reason as to why, but I just do. I've been studying my ass off for weeks in order to pass these things, giving me no time to do things I actually enjoy. I stopped going to the gym a lot and stopped going out with the guys as much as we usually do. We've all been studying. Just like me, they actually give a shit about school. Coach Carter is also always on our ass about passing even in the off-season. We never catch a break from that guy.

It's Wednesday, luckily halfway through the week. So far I've taken three out of five of my tests, only having two to go. I just finished taking my hardest one which was for my Ethics class. Those tests involve a lot of deeper thinking which fucks with my head a lot so I always do shitty in that class. I'm barely passing with 75%. I just hope I did somewhat good on the test because I can't afford to fail right now.

I pull up to the building where Maddy's testing room is. I see her come out, keeping her head low, even though there's no one around. She opens up the door to my car and gets in quickly. She looks fucking beautiful, like always. I start driving away to another building, one where she's taking her next exam. She has two today. "Hey," she says. I turn to look at her, "Hey, you. How was your test?" I ask. Her hand finds mine and she intertwines our fingers. It's only been less than a week since Maddy and I started this thing we have going on but I've learned that she's very touchy-feely.

I like it a lot.

We're not dating or anything like that, it's just something casual. I've seen her every day since Friday though. I've had sex with her more times already than I've had with any other girl I've ever hooked up with. I usually don't hook up with girls more than once unless I really feel them night one. I didn't even question if I'd want to see Maddy again after that night. I know I'd want to. I've been wanting to do things with her for a while now, she just doesn't know that. I'm keeping it that way too.

"It was pretty easy, I studied enough to know the material. Yours?" she asks. I shrug, "It was as hard as I thought it'd be, I tried my best," I tell her. I pull into a parking spot in the back of the parking lot. There's still another thirty minutes before she has to take her next test. She gets out of the car and quickly heads into the backseat. She shuts the door and I turn my head to look at her. "Well, aren't you gonna join me?" She smirks that sexy little smirk that I can't resist.

I'm too big to hop over to the back through the middle, so I do what she did and get off. I shut the door once I'm inside and lock us inside the car. The engines still running, music playing softly from my Bluetooth. I sit on the right side and she crawls over to straddle me. I hold onto her by the waist. When I say it still fucking surprises me that this girl is sitting on top of me, I mean it. I never thought it would come to this but here we are. I'm enjoying every second of it. She places her hands on my face, rubbing my cheek.