3

Yeonseo kept her eyes fixed on the mirror as her court lady brushed her hair. "I was so worried you're going to jump into the lake just now, Your Highness," she said.

"Well, you ruined the plan."

"You're really going to jump?!" The court lady gasped, cupping her mouth. Yeonseo frowned and stood up from the chair, "What's your name?"

"Oh Baekhee, Your Highness," she bowed. "Baekhee-yah, do you remember what happened before the princess–" Yeonseo stopped talking when she saw the court lady arching an eyebrow.

"Do you remember what happened before I jumped into the lake? Before I attempted suicide?"

"Well, I'm not sure. But I remember that you were unusually quiet that day before you jumped into the lake. You were always scolding the court ladies when things doesn't go your way."

Princess Yeonseo, you are an arrogant bitch. And now you're dragging me into this?

So technically, I'm in the princess's body? Shit.

"I want to go out," Yeonseo said before heading towards the doors. Baekhee widened her eyes before sprinting towards them. She blocked the doors, "Your Highness, His Majesty has ordered for you to stay in the palace."

"Yah, I want to go out! I've been stuck in this damn prison for a while now!" Yeonseo whined and ran her fingers through her hair. Her eyes brightened up when an idea crossed her mind.

"Maybe, I can disguise myself as one of the court ladies? Give me your uniform."

"You're going out alone?"

"I'm just going to explore. Please? Just this once. Can you lend me your uniform?" Yeonseo blinked her eyes as she traced circles on Baekhee's arm.

The court lady gave in and sighed, "Sure, Your Highness."

🌷

Seeing people calling the crowd to visit their stalls and shops were attracting Yeonseo's attention. She looked around in awe, seeing crafts, snacks and many more being sold.

"Young lady! Come take a look at this scrumptious snack!" A woman called her. Yeonseo scurried towards the stall excitedly, "How much is this?"

The woman told her the price. Yeonseo nodded and paid her before taking the snack. She bit and munched into it as she walked through the town, seeing other things being sold.

It was a good idea that I borrowed Baekhee's uniform. No one seemed to recognise me. Or is it because the princess never set foot to the outside world?

She continued to wander around, exploring how people in the 1700s sell things. She looked at the bright blue sky, smiling excitedly.

I've never felt this free before!

She averted her attention back to the land before widening her eyes. A carriage was about to crash into her. The man handling it kept waving his arm aggressively, "Out of the way!"

She stood frozen in the middle of the way. She couldn't think of anything, whether she should move away or just stand there. Her body wouldn't respond to anything.

She watched as the horse kept running towards her. A pair of strong hands grabbed her arm before pulling her into his body. She crashed into the man's body as they both fell to the ground. The carriage went past them, so close to hitting them.

Yeonseo's breathing stopped as soon as she saw the man's face. He had beautiful eyes that she could spend hours bore her eyes into. His grip around her arms was gentle but firm.

He cleared his throat before helping her stand up. She dusted off her clothes and glanced at him, seeing him dusting off his expensive-looking clothes.

"Thank you for saving me–"

"Young lady, what were you doing standing in the middle of the way like that? Do you want to get hurt? You're harming the lives of the people around you."

"I'm sorry, I didn't know–"

"Of course, you don't. You only care about yourself," he snapped. She was taken aback by the rude response. She was about to apologise and he didn't even let her explain.

She scoffed and rolled her eyes. One thing she inherited from her late mother was a nasty temper.

Is it okay if I use my title here? But then he'll know that I escaped from the palace.

"I see that you're from the palace," he spoke again after the short silence. She nodded, "Yes."

He sighed and glanced at the nametag on her clothes, "Well then, Ms Oh Baekhee."

Yeonseo looked at him in confusion before realising that she had Baekhee's nametag on her. He scoffed and glared at her, "I hope we don't bump into each other anymore."

He walked past her, leaving her alone. She scoffed in disbelief, "Just who does he think he is?! Oh my, he thinks I'm the one who's desperate to meet him again?! I didn't even ask him to save me!"

Just wait until you know who I really am! I'll make you pay for this!