5

Yeonseo walked slowly to her bedroom. She opened the doors and saw Baekhee waiting patiently in her other uniform. The court lady's eyes widened at the sight of her, "Your Highness! You're back!"

"I'm dead," Yeonseo muttered before kneeling on the floor. Baekhee immediately kneeled in front of her, "Your Highness! You shouldn't kneel in front of the workers!"

Yeonseo turned around and saw the other court ladies and palace guards kneeling to the floor. They all looked at her in fear. "The prince knows that I'm not Baekhee," she muttered before lying down.

"What?" Baekhee asked before her eyes were averted to the nametag on Yeonseo's clothes. "Forgive me, Your Majesty! I forgot to take my nametag with me!"

"There's no use of apologising. He's either going to tell the king or keep it a secret. I'm tired," Yeonseo said before closing her eyes. "Your Highness, you should lie down on the bed," the court lady looked at her with a worried expression.

"I'm dead. The King is going to kill me."

🌷

"Jungwon-ah, hand me the file," Sunghoon said as he kept his eyes fixed to the document he was holding. Both of them were in the royal library as they tried to examine ways to make the kingdom better.

The nobleman obeyed the prince's orders before continuing to write his report. He placed his brush pen down and faced the prince, "Have you ever met the princess?"

"Of course. She's my seventh cousin," Sunghoon chuckled, "Why?"

"I've never seen her before. I only heard rumours about her."

"What rumours?" Now it was Sunghoon's turn to put down his brush pen. Jungwon sighed and clasped both of his hands, "Well, people say that she's cold and scolds her court ladies all the time. And she rarely steps out of the palace. She spends most of her time in her bedroom or at the lake. And the recent one where she jumped into the lake."

"Those rumours are true. Although I met her before, I would consider myself lucky to actually see her from afar."

Sunghoon thought for a while about the moment he met with the princess by the lake. How he was surprised to see her in a court lady's uniform instead of her formal attire. He smiled to himself and picked up his brush pen before writing something in the document.

The door suddenly opened, revealing a court lady. She bowed at the two men before announcing, "Her Royal Highness, Princess Yeonseo has come to visit the prince."

Jungwon widened his eyes before standing up, bowing in the direction of the door. Sunghoon followed after, a big smirk plastered on his face. Yeonseo walked in and narrowed her eyes when she saw a familiar figure bowing at her.

Her eyes widened when she realised it was the rude nobleman she bumped into at the shops. She immediately turned around and accidentally bump her face into the wall.

"Your Highness!" Sunghoon called worriedly. "I would like the nobleman to leave please," she said as she rested a hand against the wall. Jungwon exchanged confused glances with the prince.

"We're still working, Your Highness. Is it alright if he stays?" Sunghoon asked. She closed her eyes and cursed at herself internally. She took a deep breath, "Please. He can wait outside. It'll just take a few minutes."

Jungwon sighed and obeyed before bowing. He left the library and the doors were soon closed. She sighed in relief before turning around, glaring at the prince who seemed to be enjoying her awkwardness.

"You!" She said before stomping towards him. "Yes, princess?" His words made her heart flutter. She blushed and looked away, "Don't call me that."

"Then, what should I call you? I mean, I do not have to call you by your title since we are at the same level. You always hate when I call you by your name. So I've been calling you 'princess' ever since then."

Please keep calling me that.

No! Shit! Yeonseo stop being a whore.

"Fine. I'll just get straight to the point. Yes, I escaped from the palace. But you have no right to tell the king. It's up to me whether I want to tell him or not."

He scoffed and walked towards her slowly. She backed away until her back was against the wall. He rested a hand against the wall and leaned forward.

"And what if I do?" He asked with his deep voice. She gulped in fear, "Well, still. It's none of your business."

"His Majesty is my best friend. I should really tell him. But let me tell you, I decided not to."

He backed away before walking towards the chair that he sat on. He sat back down before opening the document. "Really?" She asked.

"I can't afford you to hate me more."

Princess Yeonseo hates him?

Sure, that makes sense. She hates everyone except her brother.

"May I ask you something, princess?" He said, "Why did you avoid Lord Yang?"

"Lord Yang? You mean the nobleman?"

He nodded and looked at her. She cleared her throat, "It's none of your business. But I would appreciate it if you don't show my face to him. I don't want him to know who I am."

"Fine," he said before writing down words in the document. She nodded slowly before walking to the door. She opened them slowly and peeked through the hallway, seeing Jungwon waiting patiently as he had his eyes fixed to the floor.

She walked out and brought her hair to her face, hiding it. He looked at her in surprise and immediately bowed, "Your Highness."

She nodded and motioned for him to go back inside. He obeyed and the doors closed behind him. She exhaled heavily and leaned against them, "You did well, Yoon Yeonseo."