author's note

hi, again! 🤍

so many of you have asked for bonus chapters and I'm here to tell you that i will be writing a few!  this may not seem like that big of an announcement and I have an idea for two but I wanted to see if there was a specific scene y'all want :)

also !

I've got some random little facts I've been wanting to give:

- Elijah Cole: instead of mashing names like bella did, i took the first initial from both Emmett and Clary's names and picked names with those letters, and they're conveniently names of my favorite tv vampires :)

- a couple of you asked but no, Eli does not wear glasses. I know Clary did for awhile but in one of the chapters I wrote they were only reading glasses so they weren't needed everyday. I know the fc gif for Eli has them but there wasn't one where he didn't.

- y'all don't know this but Clary was supposed to die at the end. she was never gonna make it. I can post the original final chapter I had (if you want) but in it she was still pregnant and basically she died during childbirth. I sort of cut that idea out and obviously kept her alive. I'm a sucker for h-e-a's and I had to give her that 🤍

- her kidney disease was never fully addressed but she did have one, she was in remission for most of this book. her kidney issues were only in the first act since her transplant was fine after that. idk it's kind of a minor plot hole for me but it's too late to change it.

- her hair color was intentional. back when I first got the idea for Clary, I read that Charlie was originally supposed to be blonde and I wanted to keep that in. it is possible for two blonde parents to have a brunette child and that would be Charlie. it skipped him but he passed the blonde gene onto Clary and from there, Eli.

- I've gotten some messages about this, but yes there is supposed to be an age gap. Emmett is a hundred and something year old vamp and Clary is seventeen for the majority of the book. it's weird but it's twilight. Bella and Edward have one, it's not that weird for them to have one too.

- the Volturi were always going to turn on her. in my mind, Aro was more interested in keeping Eli for himself rather than truly befriending Clary. I know I made it seem sweet and friendly but Eli was gonna be considered the same as Renesmee.

- the reason Clary wasn't involved in a lot of the battles like Bella was because one, she was more rational, and two, she had more allies. but mostly because I didn't really think she needed to be in all of that drama and instead gave y'all cutesy scenes with the pack.

and !

I have the faceclaims picked out for older Eli and their other kid and I feel like they really fit and match clary & emmett

thanks, nora! 🤍