sixty five

I didn't want to leave my room. I really didn't. Not after everything that's happened.

My old friends dying, finding out I could die, it was all too much for me. I didn't know how to handle it. And I didn't want to see anyone until I figured it out. But of course, I was staying with persistent vampires, so that option wasn't even possible.

"I said go away!" I hollered at the door. I didn't even care who was on the other side of it, I just wanted them gone.

"Clary, open the door! You need to eat!" It was Felix.

"I already did!" I huffed and glared at the door.

"Can you at least let me come in?" Felix begged. "Aro told us not to go in unless you say."

"No." I shook my head, even though he couldn't see me.

"Arielle is worried about you."

"No, I'm not." Another voice piped up. I chuckled but still didn't get up to open the door.

"You can't just go along with it?" I could hear Felix grumble. The walls were thin and the door had a small opening at the top that let their voices echo around me. "Jane is worried too."

"I'm not either."

"Can't you two just agree with what I say?" Felix sounded frustrated. "How am I supposed to guilt trip her if you two don't cooperate?"

"She left her room during the night," Arielle informed him.

"And you guys didn't tell me?" Felix shouted.

"We're girls." And, "I don't have to tell you anything." Were the responses he received.

"Killian is worried," Felix told me.

"Okay, that one is true," Arielle confirmed.

"You two are no help." Felix sighed.

"We don't need to be."

"Go suck a dead person." Felix clap-backed.

"Don't tell me how to live my life." Arielle fired back.

"Why don't you go suck a dead person?"

"Great insult there Jane, where'd you get that one from?"

"Your mom's chest hair."

"That's it, you're not allowed to watch movies with Clary anymore."

"Don't tell me how to live my life," Jane argued.

"I will if you're living it incorrectly."

"You don't get to judge my life."

"I'm older, so yes, I do." Felix chuckled.

"But I'm better looking."

Felix gasped. "Clary, get out here and tell Jane I'm better looking than she is!" He started to bang on the door.

"You guys are giving me a headache," I grumbled.

"Jane, you're giving her a headache." I could practically hear the smirk in his voice.

"Shut up."

"Clary, come get Jane." Felix banged on the door again.

"Don't tell me how to live my life." I sighed. "If I come out, will you leave me alone?"

"Yes!" I sighed and stood up from my bed. I unlocked the door and opened it, seeing a frustrated Felix and Jane and Arielle with smirks on their faces. "Happy?"

"Yes." Felix nodded. "Now let's go." He grabbed my hand and began to drag me down the hallway.

"Where are we going?"

"The big three need to see you."

"What for?"

"They wouldn't tell me. My orders are to just bring you to them as soon as you leave your room." I didn't respond and just shook his hold off of me, folding my arms across my chest as I walked beside him. It seemed I needed an escort for everything these days. "Here we are." We were at the throne room doors, a place I never wanted to step foot in again.

"Clarissa darling, come in." Aro spotted me through the open door and I let out a deep sigh before walking into the room. I walked towards them, avoiding the center of the room, where Jennah and Greg died.

"You wanted to see me?"

"Yes." Aro nodded curtly. "Have you made your decision yet?"

"You mean the one where I have to decide if I want to keep the baby I already named or kill it?" I scoffed. "I'm keeping my baby."

"You have to consider the risks."

"I'm not taking another life, my baby's, just to save mine." I ran a hand through my hair as I tried to calm myself. "I'm keeping the baby."

"You could die before your child even takes his first breath."

"I'm okay with that, as long he lives." I sighed. "Nothing you're going to say is going to change my mind."

"You're willing to leave behind everyone?" Aro asked. "Your parents, sister, and Emmett?"

"Nothing is going to change my mind," I stressed. "My child will live, even if I don't get to."

"Why would you put another life before you're own?" Caius taunted.

"I'm human, it's what we do. We can't all be heartless, now can we?" I bit back at him. He didn't seem to care for my response. "Is that what you called me in here for? To see if I'll reconsider?"

"That's not all."

"Then what else do you need?"

"Are you positive about your decision?" Marcus asked me. Marcus had never willingly said a word, he'd only spoken with me once. "Aro is right-"

"Of course I am."

"Are you willing to leave behind your family and loved ones? Your future?"

"Like I said," I placed my hands on my baby bump. "I'd give my life so he can have his."

"Then I admire you." Marcus smiled timidly at me. "Brother, we can't change her decision."

"I still have one last thing." Aro pointed out, rubbing his chin with a single finger.

"Why are you so keen on killing my baby? When I got here your only concern was protecting him."

"Your life wasn't in danger before. Our laws state that no immortal child can live if it poses a threat to a human." Aro explained. "The child needs to die."

"Then you'll have to kill me too because I'm not letting you touch him or me."

"As I said, I still have one last thing." Aro motioned to the guard by the door. "Bring him in." I turned and stared at the doors curiously. The doors opened and I let out a small gasp. Aro was playing the game well and his last trick might just be my downfall.

"Hi, Clary."

"Emmett..." Well fuck.