Book Three: Chapter 15

Author's Note

"In case you are reading this chapter again or catching up, I decided to add a spicy scene in this chapter. I thought, why not! This scene is perfect for the characters to make love before their battle. The other chapters will have little changes. Enjoy."

Roger sat up on his bed and stretched his arms up. While yawning, the sunlight warmed his face like a good morning kiss.   

He slept longer than he expected. At least his body fully recovered.

Suddenly, Roger remembered something he was supposed to do last night. Meet Katina, Cilla, and Labda for their date.

"Oh no!" He quickly dressed into a clean Greek toga and ran through the corridor.

When he reached the dining hall, he glanced around, finding only a table with two empty seats. A bull skeleton lay on the table, surrounded by meat scapes and empty wine cups. 

Roger could guess who ate at the table alone, and now a pang of slow guilt dropped down into his stomach. He was too late.

Through an open archway to the garden, a tall silhouette with three heads sat out front, snoring. The rising sun glimmered over them.

Roger tucked his robe and walked toward the beast women. He noticed they wore a white Grecian toga dress with a short skirt, and they tied their red hairs into ponytails. Golden collars hung around each of their necks, and they wore golden wristbands on their upper arms. It kind of made them look cute.

He poked their back until they yawned and flexed their muscles. When their eyes caught him, their faces scowled. 

“You’re late!” Katina complained.

“Where have you been? Aphrodite told us you will meet us here for dinner!” Cilla explained hastily.

“Aphrodite?” Roger rubbed the back of his head until his eyes bulged. “Oh, now I remember.”

Labda frowned. “Please don’t tell me she-”

“No! We didn’t do anything.” Roger shook his hands. “She told me to come here in two days.”

“Then why are you late?”

Roger rubbed his closed eyes. “I slept too long…"

“Is that all you have to say to us?” Katina asked.

Roger grimaced. "I'm sorry. Athena's training wore me out. But I truly wanted to see you again. Can you forgive me?"

The women’s heads glanced at each other, frowning their lips. But Cilla giggled and said, "It's alright. We forgive you."

Katina shrugged. "Yeah, we're over it. But don't do that again!"

"You promised?" Labda asked with a gentle tone of concern.

Roger smirked with relief. "I promise."

He glanced at the table. "I see you already ate."

Katina burped and pounded her chest. "Yeah, we ate last night without you.”

"So… No breakfast?"

Labda grinned and held up a large amphora bottle. "We still have wine, unless you prefer chewing bones."

Roger shook his head. "No thank you. How about we watch the sunrise together."

"Okay," said Cilla.

Outside the dining hall, they sat on a bench that faced the cloud sea beneath the mountain edge. The sky was heavenly and beautiful, but it didn't distract Roger from remembering what he wanted to say to the women. "I… have something I want to say…"