Book One: Epilogue

Nysa crawled out from a pile of rubble beneath a fallen building. After she rose and brushed the dirt off her sweatshirt and pants, she stared at the ruin near the street.

The last thing she remembered was sitting on the toilet at a diner while her friend ate some stolen food. Then, suddenly, the ceiling collapsed on top of her.

What the hell happened. Nysa looked around at the street.

The entire neighborhood appeared the storm blew it. Smashed cars, broken street lights, and bodies everywhere. More like an attack, maybe.

"Anysa!" Nysa stared back at the debris of the diner.

With relief, Anysa pushed up a large slab of wood and tossed it off her. Water and dirt were all over her tank top and pants.

"Damn, I need a shower." Anysa shook the water off her and looked around. "What the hell happened here?"

Nysa held her hands up. "I don't know! I think this place got attacked!"

"By what?"

"I don't know! We should get the hell out of here before it comes back!"

Anysa looked around until she pointed her finger across the street. "Over there!"

Nysa turned around and spotted a red Corvette car that wasn't smashed or tipped over.

She grinned. "Hot damn!"

She raced toward the car and jumped in. She played with the wires while Anysa sat next to her.

When the car roared to life, Nysa drummed her hands on the steering wheel. "Let's get away from this stinking city!"

Anysa slapped the dashboard. "Full speed ahead!"

Nysa hit the gas, and then the car zoomed down the street. Since the street was clear, Nysa drove the car freely without crashing into anything. The cold wind breezed through her hair, and the sun shined through the thinning gray clouds.

Ansya placed both her feet on the dashboard while leaning back on her seat. "After we are out of here, let's stop by another hot dog diner. I didn't get a chance to finish my hot dog before the place fell."

"Let's grab some beer too! I am thirsty as hell!"

Anysia glanced at the passing buildings, letting the wind run through her long hair. "After we grab some grub, what do you want to do next?"

Nysa stared forward. She doesn't have a clue.

Since Anysia and her escape from the Underworld, they robbed people, fooled around, and fought the Cerberus. She felt lucky they got away from that hellhound, or else they would be back in the Underworld, getting their asses burned. Perhaps doing whatever they want was the best thing they could do. The only thing in case the Underworld managed to bring them back. If Hades sends another warrior to catch them, they won't back down next time. Surviving and having fun was worth it.

Nysa smiled at Anysia. "We'll do whatever the hell we want. Let's explore this new world and trash whatever we can find!"

The minotaur woman laughed. "I like your choice!"

"Yeah! Girls just wanna have fun!" Nysa cheered as the car drove to the countryside.

Author's Note:

"That is it for book one. I can't wait to continue it next year, but right now I will take a break from this series while I work on the outline. Please let me know what you think and what errors I should correct. Thank you."