Book One: Chapter 27

The Cerberus dropped on their knees while holding their wounded arm. Labda has never felt so much venom burn through her veins like acid. A scorpioch's sting was always deadly because bigger poison bugs meant more venom.

Nysa hugged herself while laughing like a schoolgirl. "I don't believe you blocked my stinger! How stupid are you?"

Katina stuck up her middle finger while gritting in pain.

Nysa shrugged. "Perhaps more will kill you quickly."

She swung her tail toward the Cerberus, Labda snatched it behind it touched her chest.

She grinned at Nysa. "Did you know the Cerberus was immune to poison?"

Nysa widened her eyes. "Oh, crap....."

While smiling, Katina lifted the scorpion woman by her tail and slammed her into the ground. She lifted her up again and threw her down, slamming her again. She kept doing it until she threw Nysa into the outhouse.

The outhouse tipped over and landed on its left side, leaking out the brown goo from the portable toilet. Nysa's body rolled off the outhouse and landed into the puddle of shit. She laid face down without moving.

Labda glared at Katina. "She better be alive!"

"You don't trust my strength?" Katina asked.

Labda rubbed her forehead.

*****

A splash of cold water splurged into Nysa's face. She coughed and opened her eyes, realizing they tied her against a metal pillar below the unfinished building.

And what was the smell? She smelled like pig mud full of rotten beef, vomited from a whale.

Anysia sat next to her, or at least half of her. Frozen solid cremate covered her body except over her head. She opened her eyes and looked around.

"Alright you bitches," said Katina, standing before them. "Tell us where Medusa is or we will rip your tail off and stick it straight up your ass."

Anysia spat. "Go back to hell!"

Labda pointed her claw at Nysa. "She promised us she will tell after we defeated her."

The minotaur woman glared at Nysa. "How could you?"

Nysa glared at her friend. "I thought you don't care about the crazy bitch."

"I never tell my enemies anything! Not after what they did!"
"Well, I made them a deal, and they won. A deal is a deal."

Anysia snorted. "Don't you dare tell them shit!"

Katina punched the minotaur's face. "Shut your mouth, loser! You can't do shit right now!"

Anysia chuckled. "You are f**ked up like the humans who tormented me."

Katina growled and raised her fist, but Roger grabbed her arm.

"Hold on!"

Katina yanked her arm away from the human. "Don't touch me!"

"She meant don't touch us," Labda corrected.

Roger blew a sigh and stepped in front of the Cerberus. "Please listen, torturing isn't the answer. We should do this in my police book."

Katina glared at him. "What the hell does that mean?"

"Let me do the talking, and you can yell at them if they don't cooperate."

Katina smiled. "Sounds good to me."

Roger kneeled in front of the two monster women. "You two listen here. You can't win against Katina, Labda, and Cilla right now. Your best chance to survive is by telling us where Medusa is."

Nysa rolled her eyes. "What is the point? She is supposed to kill us to send us back to the Underworld."

"We're not going back!" Anysia shouted. "But if we are, I whether let my pride die with me!"

"But you promised Labda you will tell her after she beats you," said Roger. "And I am pretty sure Nysa agreed."

He glared at the scorpion woman. "Right?"

Nysa frowned. "I thought I could kill her."

"You underestimated her. That is why you lost. Now you must tell us where Medusa is."

Anysia growled. "Don't-"

"Or what?" Nysa shouted. "You don't have to tell them anything! And you don't care about Medusa, anyway!"

Anysia glared at the ground and snorted.

Nysa turned to Roger. "She is inside a warehouse near a seaport."

"Which seaport?" Roger asked.

"The Hammer shark Den, I think."

Roger scratched his chin.

He remembered investigating a crime scene there since last year. A witness reported he found dead, mangled bodies left by a mobster named LePeona. Roger tracked the bodies and used the bodies as evidence to put LePeona into prison. That was how he became the most respected cop in the police department. At least most of his fellow officers respected him, although his chief still bossed him around.

Roger rose and turned toward the Cerberus. "I know where that is."

"Good! Let's head there now!" Cilla exclaimed.

Katina held up her left hand. "Hold on. We have to send those bitches back."

Anysia glared. "You can try."

Suddenly, the minotaur burst out of her stone shield and got up. She cut Nysa free from the metal pillar by her horn and picked her up. "We'll meet again, bitches!"

Before the Cerberus tackled her, the minotaur leaped over her and rammed through the fence like a freight train. Both of the monster women escaped, leaving a trail of smoke.

Katina stomped her foot. "God damnit! They got away!"

"We can deal with them later," said Labda. "Slaying Medusa is our top poverty."

Katina snorted. "Fine, let's go and get that snake bitch."

Roger rubbed his shoulders. "Before we do that..... I need clothes on first, and weapons too."

Katina smiled. "Can we use your weapons too?"

Roger rubbed his chin and grinned. "Sure, and I know a good place to get some."