Book Four: Chapter 22

Roger stood in amazement as the Cerberus women returned to their regular size next to the smoldering body of Cthulhu. Hades appeared and opened a dark portal, which sucked the monster into a void.

"Where did you send him?" Roger asked.

"To Tartarus. I created a special place for him to spend eternity," Hades replied.

Roger watched as the Greek Gods descended upon the power plant, landing in front of Hades. Zeus addressed the Cerberus women, thanking them for defeating Cthulhu.

"Very skillful, for beast women," Apollo added, causing Labda and Cilla to giggle.

Hera approached Zeus, dragging Eris's body along with her.

"I found our little shit," Hera announced, dropping the unconscious Eris at Zeus's feet.

"Did you-" Zeus began, but Hera quickly cut him off.

"Of course not. I found her unconscious nearby. I suppose she fell when the monster met its fate," Hera explained, crossing her arms.

Zeus sighed, knowing that Eris would face consequences for her actions once she regained consciousness.

Suddenly, a group of Japanese soldiers arrived on the scene, surrounding the Gods and heroes and pointing their weapons at them.

"Drop your weapons and surrender!" the Japanese Lieutenant commanded in Japanese.

Zeus stepped forward, but raised his left hand to halt the other Gods.

"We didn't come back to fight mortals," he said.

Athena rolled her eyes and pointed her hand toward the army. Her palm glowed white, causing each soldier to puff into smoke. When the smoke cleared, they had transformed into kittens lying on the ground with their weapons and gear scattered around them.

Zeus glared at Athena, and she shrugged. "What? You said we didn't come here to fight mortals, and I didn't kill them."

Zeus ran his hand down his face in exasperation. "This is why the mortals stopped worshiping us," he muttered.

*****

Roger and the Cerberus women stood before Hades's throne, basking in the god's approval. Hades smiled at them, his chin resting on his fist.

"You all did well," he said. "Although I had to summon my family to clean up the mess, you managed to stop one monster from destroying a mortal city."

"But Katina, Cilla, and Labda defeated the monster," Roger protested. "And Hera caught her daughter."

"Don't doubt yourself," Hades replied. "Eating the golden apple has given you more strength to survive. If it weren't for you, my ladies wouldn't have fought Cthulhu. You persuaded Agent Rolf to help you reach your destination. He might be a werewolf, but he is reasonable to stop a disaster. You did well, for a cop."

Despite the god's words, Roger still felt useless. But at least he had supported the women. Fighting by their side was more fun than sitting behind a desk inside a claustrophobic office.

"What now?" Labda asked.

Hades stretched his arms out. "My brother, Zeus, decided our family and other Gods should come back to help the mortals. They will contain the monsters and rebuild what the mortals have lost. As for me, I will continue to watch the Underworld to make sure nobody else fucks up the natural order."

Roger widened his eyes. "Seriously!? They are revealing themselves across the world?"

"Yes," Hades replied. "Is that a problem?"