Chapter Fifteen ☽︎ Let Me Drive You Home, Kimmie

"Love is waiting there within your own abundant being. You just have to overcome the fear of it, unshackle it, and trust where it will take you."
–– Unknown

H U D S O N

Matt Dennis is a clown, a glorified freak show. Not only is he a comedian on his show, he's also a comedian in reality. He has been gushing over us ever since we arrived, and he has also had us sign his glorified wall of autographs. By us, I mean all five of us, Myself, Alex, Nick, Terence and Aaron, who ran a bit late. And let's not forget the three-piece suits and over a thousand dollar dress shoes. Coach Mike stressed the importance of our representation of the NHL and the Kraken Team and made sure to tell Alex to avoid punching anyone who asked about his wife, or why she doesn't come to the public eye. Well, it's not just the public eye, it's the box, or even a single hang out with us as a family.

My Mom was excited about my appearance here and promise to sit in front row, cheering for me, as always. While she would be accompanied by Jodie, the rest of the women will watch from home, as Aaron and Liz protect their son from the public eye and Nick hides his pregnant fiancee from the scrutiny of fans. Aaron has frowned at any smile from every woman he has passed since we arrived her. Now while Terence and I may appreciate the attention, Aaron despises it, same with Nick. Alex on the other hand is good at giving cold looks, so as to scare the majority of the female population away from him, but the female species is a complicated one, no matter how much cold looks and distant responses, they still flock around him.

I on the other hand, I'm making conversation with two brunettes and a redhead. Yeah, I don't know their names. Redhead on the other hand has been trying to get me to the bathroom, so I've been casually declining while making weird conversation, trying.

And sneaking looks at Kim across the room.

She got here thirty minutes late and she's been talking to two women, one ebony and the other a redhead. One I remember hooking up with.

Sad but true.

"We are live in thirty!" Matt Dennis yells and excited sounds are heard across the room.
"Seating arrangement is Kim, Ace, West, Clayton, Tiles and Stones, the audience is super pumped for this and we are live on E!"

I sneak another look at Kim who walks towards Aaron.

"Alright girls,"

"Come on, you have thirty more minutes——"

"I gotta go,"

The only thing going on in my mind is to figure out how to be friends with Kim, that way, we'll ease all the tension that sparks whenever we're a few inches away from eachother. And that's what I plan on doing as I walk towards my team captain and ex.

"You look gorgeous, Kim,"
She looks stunned for a second, but then she wipes off her shock and greets me with a nod and a bright smile.

"Thank you," she smiles. "Aaron was just showing me how big my nephew looks,"

"He's nine months and he's already a chick magnet," Aaron chuckles and I join him. "What happens when he's seventeen?"

"You excited for tonight?" Kim's redhead approaches us, directing her question to me.

"Hudson, Aaron this is Jenna, my manager," Kim introduces her and Aaron nods.

"Ace and I know eachother, right Ace?" Jenna turns to me and I nod uncomfortably.

"Yeah, yeah, a charity auction in Prague," I hear myself say. I actually remembered.

"It was an unforgettable night, wasn't it?" Jenna smiles up at me, rubbing a hand on my stiff shoulder.