Chapter Thirty-Four ☽︎ Never, Ever, Never

"I'M NERVOUS," KIM grabs the sides of her dress

"I'M NERVOUS," KIM grabs the sides of her dress. "I mean I've been to stuff like these all my life but I'm nervous, and that's okay, right?" She looks at me and I rub her shoulders and play with her fingers.

"You're a human being, not a robot, so yeah that's totally fucking normal," I rub her shoulders, "And It's just for a couple of hours baby, and then we'll be back at the hotel, watching TV and making love," I whisper to her and her cheeks flush as I tuck a strand of hair behind her ear. Hotel right, because we're in California, away from home. While I opted for a two piece suit— no tie because I hate being suffocated— Kimmie is wearing a golden mermaid style prom dress and it just clashes with her golden hair and cerulean eyes. "And I'm only attending this because I want to be by your side and fuck you in the restrooms later,"

"You're sex-crazed," she states and I don't miss the more flush in her cheeks and the roll of her eyes.

"That's your fault," I wink and she chuckles, and I see some of her stress easing up, just what I wanted to achieve.

"There'll be so many cameras tonight, you know," she tells me and I nod, already aware. Kim recently announced that this movie was the end of her acting career. She then proceeded to delete her Instagram account. And I know how much of a big step that was for her and I just want to be there for her. "Everyone is going to be asking me why I quit and—"

"And we'll ignore them, you already made yourself perfectly clear on your Instagram," I assure her. "And if anyone's tries to get in your face or ask you anything that makes you uncomfortable, I will go Hulk on them, you're dating a hockey player, baby, I'm usually the biggest guy in the room," I tell her and she chuckles a little bit. I lean to kiss her and she places a thumb on both my lips. I groan in frustration and she giggles.

"You'll ruin my lip gloss," She whispers. "Just be patient, okay,"

"Yeah, baby," I tell her and she smiles, and the car comes to a stop. We're finally here.

The sound of reporters, journalists and of course camera shutters surround us as we come out from our previous fortress. Kimmie holds my hand so tight that I'm scared she might rip it apart with her nails. And as expected, questions about her recent Instagram announcement are asked. We ignore the swarm of reporters and we walk on the carpet. Deena and other members of the cast approach us and of course we say our occasional hi's and hello's. Deena ignores us both and it's a wonder the camera doesn't catch up with her obvious annoyance. Not that I care anyway.

I take a look at the movie poster. It's Kim and I in a very intimate almost kiss, our noses almost brush and our lips just mere inches from each other.

The writings above us read:

"I always loved you, even when I pushed you away, but now I have a new mission, I want to win you back,"

God that's so fucking relatable. A few weeks before Jo's concert, that was all I had in mind, and it freaked me out, it's just amazing how far we've come since that.