Chapter Twenty-Nine ☽︎ A Tiny Silver Of Hope

INSTAGRAM MOCKS ME as I scroll amongst Kimberly Summers' fan accounts, desperately looking for any sign of her or any paparazzi photo of her

INSTAGRAM MOCKS ME as I scroll amongst Kimberly Summers' fan accounts, desperately looking for any sign of her or any paparazzi photo of her. I finally stumble on one account, full of paparazzi photos. One from last week.

"KIMBERLY SUMMERS SPOTTED AT ST. PETER MEMORIAL"

The pictures show Kim helping Nick's soon to be wife, Brittany into the hospital. Yes, I got the good news, the guys group chat is filled with baby pictures, in incubators though. Nick says they should be out by the end of the week, that makes me an uncle, again.

A few hours after she left me here in Milan, Kimmie's Instagram account went private. And I've been miserable ever since. I haven't been back to Zurich, and it's not really a big deal because Kim and I have shot all our scenes so it's just remaining the wrap pictures and all. Neil texted me earlier, telling me they'll be taking the wrap pictures without us, because Kim said she couldn't make it because of personal issues and I have been………..well, MIA. And as always, the fans will be pissed. But then again, they'll get to see us at the premiere in Los Angeles, so that's a plus I guess.

However, Alex owns a penthouse in this world of his and that's where I've been sleeping my heartbroken ass and grumpy skin. Alex has been keeping me company though, but never failing to rub my not-daddy issues in my face. Now, that's supposed to be a joke, but with his stoic face, it definitely doesn't sound like a joke to my ears.

"Rise and shine," his voice and the light of the sun interrupt my thoughts as I throw my phone on the bed beside me.

"I'm risen, just not shining," I groan and he sits on the bed, dressed in a dress three piece suit. "Where the hell are your going by six thirty am?"

"Have you tried calling her?" He ignores my question, a habit I've become quite acquainted with in almost two weeks.

I sit up and pin him with a stare, "I just found out that I robbed her of motherhood and robbed us both of a family, no, I haven't tried calling her,"

"Do you really think she's mad at you?" He raises a brow.

"You show are around a fucking theater and all of a sudden you know her more than me, how epic," I say, a sarcastic tone somewhere in my voice.

"If anything she's not mad at you," He ignores me yet again. "She just needs time to process what you said,"

"I'm a mess," I groan and I fall back to the bed.

"Yeah, clean up after yourself, I won't be back until tomorrow," he says. "Oh and if you're hungry, just tell the staff to whip something or order something, whatever feels right," And with that, he walks out in long strides. I never knew he was this rich, I mean a restaurant in Zurich and a luxurious penthouse in Milan? What else do I not know about my best friend?

☽︎ ☽︎ ☽︎

THE REST OF the day goes by in a blur. And I'm torn between texting Kimmie and just leaving her to think.