Chapter 44 : Festival Night

"What about this my lady? This color suits you the best!" Sara excitedly suggests as she continues to select the accessory she will pair with my dress.

Today is the first day of the winter festival in the city and the day Rian promised to spend time with us. I heard there will be fireworks tonight and on the last day of the festival.

The winter ball has already ended two days ago and it ended without any problem. Aiden attended for a short time on the last day before he suddenly appeared inside my room. It was a good thing that I was only reading a novel back then or else he would have found out about Narla.

We ended up talking about a lot of random things before we start talking about what could have possibly been hidden inside the Duchess' room. Actually, we were almost caught by the butler when he suddenly suggested trying and open the door using his magic. He teleported us in front of the door as he tried opening it.

But nothing happened, the door did not even budge even the slightest. I remember my heart was beating so fast during that time that I think I was already having a panic attack. The next thing I know, we were back in my room Aiden held me gently in his arms.

Yet... I can't help but feel that-- my memory of what happened that night is different. I don't know... it's just how I feel about it. Or maybe I am just being weird about it? Well, let's just forget about it.

Though... one thing I cannot forget is how close we have become that night.

"Ah!" I can feel my cheeks heating up as I remember that night. He ended up staying until I fell asleep and the next day I found a letter written by him.

But... Just what kind of relationship do we have? What is he to me?

If I think about what kind of person he was during the past few days... I think he is more like a guardian, a silly mentor... and perhaps a friend?

I.. don't know. I don't exactly remember how it feels like to have a male friend. Is it the same as how I feel with Sara?

"My lady! Please stop moving! I still need to finish preparing you!" I flinch in surprise as Sara's voice pulls me back to reality.

Ah... I think I got too deep pondering about him. Sara is now looking at me with a pout on her lips.

"Ah? I'm sorry Sara," I respond to her I let her fix my hair.

I can hear her mumbling about how much she thought about how to decorate my hair. Covering my mouth, I let out a chuckle that made Sara pout once again before turning her attention back to fixing my hair.

Since we are going out wearing disguises. A wig, and clear glasses that can change your eye color upon wearing. If only I knew there was something like this before, then maybe... maybe things were different between Silver and me.

No... forget it. There is no dwelling on the past that has never happened.

I am currently wearing a long brunette-colored wig, and when I wore the glasses, my eye color changes to light brown.

And for my dress, Sara made me wear a modest outdoor dress that was presumably used by commoners for us to blend in with the crowd. While wearing a grey winter coat that can be passed as one that is similar to a lower noble.

Brother Rian is the one who provides all our disguises. Maybe I should ask him where he gets all of this. I think I will need them in the future.

*Knock! Knock!*

A knock on the door made us turn to it before we overheard the familiar voice of mister Keith, one of the knights that have helped me during that night.