CHAPTER 14

"Ziyu—!"

The door of the secret room was opened, Ye Qinghe's eyes were red and he looked at them worriedly.

"Uncle doctor is here, don't be afraid, Ziyu." Ye Qinghe came over and hugged him, "On Saturday, my brother will take you out to play."

He was afraid that his brother would be hurt, and it was cold to wrap his arms around him.

Ye Ziyu's eyelashes flickered, and he looked at Ye Ya next to him, "I don't want to see the doctor anymore, I want to eat." He took Ye Ya's hand, "Ye Ya also wants to eat."

Ye Qinghe was stunned.

Yes, Ye Ya and Ziyu both have to eat.

"Are Ya Ya hungry?" Ye Qinghe asked, looking at Ye Ya. He had been dealing with his father all morning, completely forgetting that there was also a sister hidden here.

Ye Ya touched her empty stomach and nodded honestly.

"Then..." Ye Qinghe considered his words carefully, "I will see Ziyu a doctor after dinner."

"No need." Ye Ziyu resisted, "I was unhappy just now because my father was gone, and I dropped something. Now I'm fine. Brother, please let the doctor go back. Uncle also wants to eat."

"But..."

"If you don't let the doctor go, I will go on a hunger strike." Ye Ziyu turned around, his back was very stubborn.

Ye Qinghe had no choice but to say sorry to the psychiatrist who came in a hurry and then let the kitchen prepare the dishes for the small secret room, and the three of them ate together around the small table.

Ye Ya does not need to be fed to eat. She holds a small spoon and stuffs the rice into her mouth one by one. She eats deliciously, and others look delicious. Ye Ziyu wasn't very hungry at first, but in the end, he just ate an extra bowl of rice.

"Dad may be back tonight."

"Oh." Ye Ziyu agreed to perfunctory, "It's none of my business."

Ye Qinghe knew that he was still angry, so he said, "It's not that Dad doesn't play with you, he's just busy."

Ye Ziyu said: "He has been very busy."

Ye Qinghe lowered his eyes, his expression was lonely, he muttered to himself: "Yeah, he has been very busy since his mother left..."

Ye Ziyu looked slightly shocked, bit her lip and slowly lowered her head.

The brothers faced each other, and neither of them spoke.

When their mother Yu Yan died, no matter how busy the father was, he would find time to play with them. Even during meetings, he would answer their video calls. Although his expression was cold, he could see his father's love for his children in his eyes. Until their mother and sister died one after another, they clearly felt that their father had changed.

He was harsher, colder, and less humane.

"Brother, I miss Mom."

Ye Qinghe wiped the moisture from the corners of his eyes, "Me too."

Ye Ziyu held the small chopsticks, and big drops of tears fell down.

Ye Ya looked up from her rice bowl and stared blankly at the two brothers who were crying. She took off the rice grains that stuck to her face and stuffed them into her mouth. When she turned her head, she saw the white cat on Ye Qinghe's shoulders with gentle eyes and a gentle sweep of her snow-white tail. on his cheek. The white cat licked the tears on Ye Qinghe's face and finally jumped to the table again, tilting his head to look at Ye Qinghe.