Chapter 4

-Victoria's POV-

I sighed as I walked through the castle halls not having the energy to greet any of the pack members that crossed my path. My visions of my mate were getting more intense and since the last one, I had not slept. I shuddered thinking about the torture my mate had to endure. But as a princess, I must carry out my duties regardless of personal matters. I also didn't want to upset Lucian he was pregnant. I could smell it on him and I didn't want him to be stressed out. My brother was the King and the kingdom needed him more than I do. 

"Your highness our esteemed guest is waiting for you in your office" Clark a werewolf butler spoke from beside me his tone easy as he kept pace with me. 

"Thank you, Clark" I replied trying to smile at the man but knowing it fell as soon as it formed. 

As I was led to my own office my eyes burned as tears gathered but refused to fall. Shaking my head to rid myself of my thoughts I put on a brave face as we reached my office. It was a space I was given once Lucian knew he would be delegating some of his duties to me more often than not. Walking into the room I straightened myself up and held my head high pushing my exhaustion to the back of my mind. 

"Thank you for coming to the werewolf king's castle I am princess Victoria Firestone" I greeted using the words as my shield as my eyes settled on my guest. 

My hackles rose immediately as Blue's claws dug into my mind painfully. Vampire. 

"My pleasure, Princess. I am Dutchess Belle Drawtwood" The other woman spoke her voice soft and lilting as her brown locks perfectly framed her face. Her Hazel eyes were compassionate. She was wearing a flowing violet dress that had several layers on the bottom. A darker purple half jacket with long sleeves. 

Smiling through my anger I shook my head. This vampire was not the same as the ones I had seen hurting my mate. My visions only showed me those who harmed him. Reaching out my hand for her to shake I held my shift down. 

"Dutchess Belle, I am sorry for the King's absence, he is preparing for his big announcement tomorrow, the last of the arrangements need to be completed today" I apologised as Belle took my hand her skin cold and smooth. 

"That's quite alright, It means I get a chance to meet you dear princess" Belle dismissed as she dropped my hand hers falling down by her sides. 

There was something about her that rubbed me the wrong way but I had no idea why. Not all vampires were bad just like not all of my kind were good. My visions were warping my sight and that wasn't okay. 

"Anyhow let us conduct our business and then a tour of the castle and its grounds" Spoke as I walked around my office to sit in my desk chair and motioned for her to sit in the one opposite. 

"Yes, of course, thank you, your highness" Belle agreed as she sat down tucking her dress under her knees as she sat down. 

As we sat Clark quietly dismissed himself offering me an encouraging smile as he left. The old werewolf had to know I wasn't doing great but he never pushed and I respected him for that. 

"I remember when your parents were still the kings. Cody with his righteous fury, Chase with his indomitable heart and Leon with his unwavering strength and logic" Belle stated wistfully and I had to hold in a scoff. 

"Yes, I agree they were what the world needed then, bringing together wolves and dragons and then opening diplomatic relations with all other species too" I answered proudly. My dad, Pops and Papa two werewolves and a dragon. They changed our world for the better.

"But in any case, I am here to discuss a territorial dispute between one of my Barons and a new pack that has established itself close to his territory" Belle announced but from the tone of her voice, it seemed that she didn't really care that much but there was something that she had to gain from this. 

"Which pack is it?" I asked reaching for a pen and a piece of paper. 

"The Earthslide pack" Belle replied and I felt pressure at the back of my skull but Blue swatted it away before it reached my mind. 

"Danger" Blue growled at me in our shared mind her claws settling back down to make sure I stayed alert during the rest of this meeting. 

"I see, I will have my brother contact their alpha and see if they can move their pack lands slightly" I hummed a headache coming on as Blue refused to release her claws. 

"Thank you, dear. I will let Baron smith know immediately that his lands will be better respected" Belle uttered her voice sounding silky as she rose from her chair across from me. 

"My pleasure" I replied getting up and hiding my smirk as she looked shocked that I still had my senses. 

She was trying to use compulsion on me but why?

"I will take my leave now, Baron Smith will be attending the announcement tomorrow, I do hope you'll manage to rest today" Belle commented her eyes piercing through me like daggers.

"You don't want a tour of the grounds Dutchess" I questioned tilting my head to the side in a wolf-like manner. 

"Not today, one of my heirs is calling for me" Belle quipped as she started backing out of the room. 

I knew she was afraid, after all not many beings had the power to withstand an elder vampire's compulsion. My shift was as strong as my kings I would not go down easily. And being so tired made it easier for my shift to influence my actions.

"Alright then, It has been my pleasure, Clark will see you out" I called out and not a moment later the butler opened the door. 

Bowing to me before going on with Belle. I followed them from a distance making sure she didn't try to use her compulsion on Clark. In doing so she left the castle and did not try anything with anyone else. 

"That one is scheming, beware" Blue hissed her claws finally releasing themselves from my mind.

"I know" I whispered back getting a snort in return as my exhaustion hit me and I all but collapsed.

"Rest, I will take the dream tonight, you need your strength for what is to come," Blue said cryptically and before I could argue she took over.

As control slipped for me I fell into the darkness of sleep afraid of the visions that plagued my dreams. But I trusted Blue to shoulder our burden. She never took over unless necessary so that meant something big was coming that I had no control over. I hated this feeling of powerlessness. In my life, in my body and in my dreams. The last of my thoughts were of what tomorrow may bring. 

The Princess' Scarred Omega (Royal Werewolf Series Spin Off 1)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें