Chapter 17

-Riley's POV-

"Do you really have to go?" I whined up to my mate as a movie softly played in the background of the game room. 

"Unfortunately I do. As an aid to the king, I have to accompany him to the meeting of the council of kings and queens" She murmured softly kissing my brow light her lips lingering before she pulled away. 

"When do you leave," I asked sadly as I snuggled further into her not wanting to let her go after the month of bliss we had just experienced. 

A month spent with pack introductions, flights with my mate and sometimes the kings. Element control training so I could re-direct lightning if I needed to. Mating too, so many times so many places I blushed just thinking about it. 

"Tomorrow morning, my love so we still have a few hours together" She answered smirking at me as she caught my thoughts but choose to say nothing. 

"Is that why you had everyone clear the room so we could watch movies alone?" I said moaning softly as she started to gently sift her fingers through my hair.

"Yes my sweet Riley because even when you don't realise it you are temptation incarnate" She growled softly the sound reverberating through my bones. 

"Princess" I panted my lips parting in anticipation. 

I soon got what I wanted as her lips brushed mine before a bruising kiss crushed me to her in a warm embrace.  As we parted she nipped my bottom lip groaning softly before pressing a kiss to my nose. 

"See Riley, and we're still watching a movie and you become a tempting little mynx" she whispered to me her voice ghosting over my hair. 

"Should I stop?" I giggled getting up to straddle her lap so I could look her in the eyes grinning as I felt her cock stir beneath me. 

"Not on your life" She snarled seizing my hips to grind her cock into me. I then gasped as she kissed me brutally dominating me in the way she knew I liked it.

****************************************

The next morning came far too quickly for my liking but what a glorious night it had been. I was now waiting for the procession to come through with the werewolf butler Clark and two guards who had been assigned to watch over me for the week the princess would be away. One was a male dragon shifter called Ralph I was told he was the previous dragon-king best friend and the other was a female hybrid. I don't know what kind of Hybrid but Kia was very strong I could feel it in her aura. She wasn't as powerful as my mate but I could see why the princess had her protecting me. 

Before I had any more time to think horns sounded and the crowd gathered hushed all of us looking in the direction the music was now playing from. I watched amazed as King Lucian and King Edward walked out into their crowns and Royal robes of reds and blues. Lucian carried the ceremonial sceptre the top of it was shaped in a wolf's head with fire-coloured Jewels in the eyes. My eyes then travelled to their entourage. 

There were 4. One was my mate in her Princess robes and a tiara with her hair plated as if professionally done. She looked ethereal and my heart beat faster just in her mere presence. The others were part of the royal guard I hadn't seen much of them but I knew enough to know they were specially trained to defend the kings. From the smell of it, two were dragons and one was a werewolf. They were decked out in armour and had weapons on them. It all felt too lavish for me to be witnessing it but with a wink from the princess I smiled and held my head up high. 

And then it was over and they were driving away and my yearning for her started and a whimper left me involuntarily. 

"Shall we get you some food, Sir Riley?" Clark said as we all had not eaten due to the kings leaving. 

"Yeah that would be great" I murmured turning to follow Clark as he walked towards the dining room. 

We were closely followed by Ralph and Kia, I was told their orders were to stay by my side no matter what. When we sat down for our meals my mind wandered to all the good things that had happened while I was here. I was allowed regular food, I got to sleep in a bed and most importantly I had someone who loved me and I loved her. 

"Our mate is so amazing I miss her already" Scout whined in my mind his nerves at her not being by my side to protect me causing me to become uneasy. 

"I miss her too" I replied my thoughts jumbled as even though I now had my freedom I had spent it learning to trust my mate and trying to heal from my trauma. 

I still had bad dreams and panic attacks often but I was getting better at making my own choices. But having the princess with me made it easier because she gave me freedom but she was always there in case I wanted or needed anything. Comfort. Protection. Security. She was my everything and I was so grateful to her for taking me away from the life I was living. 

"How are your eggs Sir Riley," Clark asked his eyes showing compassion at the fact I was probably uncomfortable without my mate. 

"They are very good" I replied quickly digging into the rest of my meal smiling at enjoying the mundane taste of eggs. 

"So Sir Riley what shall we do this week" Kia questioned as she finished the last of her food and dabbed at her face with a cloth. 

"I want to get to know more of the pack and I want to fly, I really should keep up my training" I stuttered my eyes struggling to maintain eye contact.

"Let's do the flight tomorrow, so the excitement from today dies down" Ralph Spoke smiling kindly. 

Maybe this wouldn't be so bad I could cope for a week. I was safe here and my guards would make sure of it. I was still unsettled though in a way I couldn't explain. Shaking my head I gave Kia, Ralph and Clark my best smile but it probably didn't meet my eyes.