Chapter 8

(Jamie's POV)

"Hey babe," I say into my phone. "Yes we're filming today... Uh, probably best to not come in today, babe. We're really busy at the moment, tight schedule. But I'll see you tonight?...... Amazing.... Right, I'll see you tonight then.... I love you too.... Bye babe."

I hang up the call to see that a text has come through.

Thanks for last night J, I had a really great time. Maybe we could do it again sometime? If you want? Y/n X

With a twist of guilt in my stomach, I ignore the text and turn my phone off.

(Y/n's POV)

I switch off my phone after I send the text, nervous for his response.

A new day, a fresh face and a clean outfit.

I see my phone flash with a notification and rush to grab it from the table

It's just Martin.

Morning darling, not ur not too tired after last night ;) need ur butt on set a bit early if u can, but defo want all the deets from last night over drinks tonight x

Oh Martin, I'm afraid I have to disappoint. Nothing happened last night, but defo still on for drinks. And I'll be there soon, omw x

Always the vanilla >:) x

I can't help but laugh at Martin. He always has high hopes for some juicy gossip and he always gets let down. He'll learn one day.

I check my chat with Jamie..... Read but not replied. Well maybe he's busy. But I'll see him soon anyway.

I grab my keys and make my way out to the car.

(Jamie's POV)

I hear the familiar click of the car lock and I quickly make my way over to the set, pretending to be busy at the green screen with Lily.

"What are you doing?" she asks me, suspicious.

"Excuse me?"

"You ran over here quicker than a dog when it's chasing a bone. What are you doing?"

I see y/n walk in from the corner of my eye, and she pauses slightly when she sees me with Lily, but she carries on over to the refreshments table.

"Ohhhhh," Lily says, seemingly in understanding. "I get it now."

"Get what?" I fake innocence.

"You went out with y/n, didn't you?"

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"She's looking over here, you know. She looks a bit pissed off to be honest."

"Stop it."

"But I'm guessing you didn't tell her about Ellie."

It's a statement, not a question. I don't respond.

"Oh Jamie. Well, you know what they say. Once a cheat, always a cheat."

I open my mouth to bite back, but she turns on her heel and struts away.

Fuck.

(Y/n's POV)

I ignore Jamie and Lily. I'm not 100% sure what's going on with those two but, seeing as Jamie and I went out on a date yesterday and he kissed me, I think I can give him the benefit of the doubt.

So when I see him coming over from the corner of my eye, I don't walk away.

"Hey," he says from behind me.

"Oh, hey! Didn't see you there," I lie, carrying on with the cappuccino I'm making.

"That's for Martin I'm guessing?"

There's something in his tone that I can't quite place.

"Mhmm, jealous are we?" I tease. "If you wanted coffee, you just had to say so."

I laugh a little at myself, but all I get is a weak smile in return.

"Hey," I put down the milk and fully turn to him. "What's wrong?"

"Hmm? Oh, nothing."

I bite nervously at my lip. "Look, if it's about last night, and you don't want to go out again then that's fine-"

"I had a great time last night," he finally meets my eyes. "And I definitely want to take you out on another date. Sorry, I'm just really tired today."

My smile returns. He wants to go on another date.

"What do you want?"

"Hmm?"

I indicate to the table in front of me. "I'll make you a coffee, what do you want?"

He sighs happily, "You're a star, I'll have a latte please. Extra shot." He swiftly kisses my cheek before going over to the makeup table where he has been summoned to.

"I'll bring it over," I laugh.

He winks at me over his shoulder before I turn back to the table.

"You two are cute," I hear from behind me.

I turn to see a red-headed beauty standing behind me.

"Oh. Hi Lily."