Chapter 10

(Y/n's POV)

"How about tonight?" says a voice in my ear.

"Sorry?" I turn around to face Jamie.

He picks up a biscuit and casually bites it in half. "I want to take you out again. Tonight."

"Yeah, sorry. I promised Martin I'd go for a drink with him, seeing as I blew him off yesterday to go out with you."

"So blow him off again."

I roll my eyes. "No, Jamie. I guess you'll just have to learn to share," I wink and laugh as I walk away, leaving him standing alone.

(Jamie's POV)

I don't like the idea of sharing her. Especially not with Martin. I mean, she doesn't know that she's sharing me with Ellie, but that's a whole can of worms I'm not opening yet.

She walks over to Martin, of course, and they start talking. Within moments they're laughing and joking around. That man.... There's something about him that makes my skin crawl. She touches his arm as she says something, and I don't miss the triumphant look he throws me without her seeing, like he's just won first place and she's the trophy. But she's not his. She's mine.

(Y/n's POV)

I've changed my outfit and I grab my bag to pack up the rest of my things before walking over to the doorway where Martin waits for me.

"Ready?" he asks, holding his arm out

I laugh and loop my arm through his, "Yep, all ready. But what about my car?"

"Just leave it here, get it tomorrow."

"And how do I get in tomorrow?"

"Well you can just stay at mine. I'll drive you in with me."

I think about it for a moment. It's not like I haven't stayed at his place before, but now that I'm sort of seeing Jamie, I don't want him to see me come in tomorrow with Martin and get the wrong idea.

I glance over to where he is, but he's busy in a heated discussion with Lily.

"Y/n?"

"Yeah, alright then. Have you still got my clothes from last time? I'll need a change for the morning."

"Don't worry, they're still folded neatly in the drawer."

"Great. Come on then you, I need a drink."

(Jamie's POV)

"You have to tell her. It's not fair."

"Lily, it's none of your business."

"I don't care. You hurt me, really badly, when you were seeing Ellie. We were still together for goodness sake. And there's no way I'm going to let the same thing happen to y/n. Understand?"

"I won't let it happen," I say fiercely.

"Are you still seeing Ellie?"

I glare at her, seething, but don't say anything.

She scoffs at me, "You really haven't changed."

I roll my eyes and go to find y/n, only to see her leaving. Arm in arm with Martin.

(Y/n's POV)

"Another please, bartender!" Calls Martin as I slam yet empty shot glass onto the bar.

I lost count a long time ago.

"And then she said.... He was cheating on her! With some other girl! So he lied to me about why they broke up."

The music's blasting so loud. My tongue feels heavy and my head feels a bit fuzzy.

An unfamiliar hand places two more shots in front of us, one right in front of me and another near Martin, but I don't pay attention to who puts them there and instead just down mine straight away.

"D'you know, Lily's actually soooo nice. I wanted to steer clear of her since Jamie said they'd dated, but now I've spoken to her, she's really sweeeet." My words are starting to slur. "And she made me coffee! No-one ever makes me coffee."

"Mmm. Mhmm," Martin mutters.

I look at him and see him staring at another man across the bar. Subtly, I turn to get a better glimpse of him. He's looking over at us.

"Holy shit!" I say, snapping Martin's attention to me.

"What?"

"He's gorgeous! You should go ask him out."

He laughs at me, "Please y/n, the likelihood that I would be brave enough to ask out that Adonis is very slim. Besides, looking like that, I doubt he's single."

I push his tequila shot towards him. "Dutch courage!"

"No, I can't! I can't leave you anyway, this is the first time we've come out for drinks in aaaaaaages."

"I don't care. I can't remember the last time you told me you had a boyfriend, so I guess that means you haven't had one in a while. Please. Go ask out that sexy god."

I turn for another look but I can't seem to find him.

"Excuse me," says a deep voice from behind us.

Martin's face flushes and I turn to the man with a big smile on my face.

"Hello. I was wondering if I could buy you a drink?" He directs the question to Martin.

I'm cheering silently inside as I watch Martin open and close his mouth, unsure of what to say.

"He'd love that. Here, take my seat." I stumble as I stand to give him my chair.

"Wait, are you going to be alright? Do you want me to call you a cab?"

"No, you can call me y/n," I laugh at my own joke. "I'm kidding, I'm kidding. It's alright, I'm gonna walk home. Some fresh air might do me good. I'll see you tomorrow."

I wink at him and he mouths a thank you to me as the stranger takes my seat next to Martin.

My work here is done.