Chapter 28

(Y/n's POV)

We did it. After we talked, Jamie and I walked back in, hand in hand, pretending like my conversation with Lily had never happened. She'd come back out of the dressing room by the time we went back in, but made no move to approach us. And we didn't go up to her either.

I talked to Martin, let him know we were just going to get on with our lives, and he agreed that it was the best thing to do. I think he was surprised that we didn't do anything more drastic, but we didn't want to draw any more attention to the situation.

So Jamie's been filming with her, I've been making her coffee as normal. Fake smiles, distracting conversations, promises to meet up outside the studio that I no longer have any intention of keeping. I said I'd move on, not that I'd become her best friend. Sure, I know Jamie would never do anything with her, but I don't know if I can trust her not to make a move.

It's the last day of filming and Jace and Valentine have just had their big battle. The portal implodes and the Jace and Clary find themselves covered in snow.

As the pair stare at each other, I notice Lily's eyes seem to be so full of love

As the pair stare at each other, I notice Lily's eyes seem to be so full of love. But it seems sad, like it's a love she knows she can't have, and longing. Either she's a really good actress, or that's how she really feels when she looks at Jamie. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a mix of both.

I look away awkwardly as they finish the scene, with Martin stood next to me, enthralled.

"Bobby looks at me like that," he whispers to me.

I turn and face him, mouth slightly open, not sure what to say.

Unbelievable.

When I look at Jamie, the look in his eye almost mirrors Lily's. He must just be acting, he's really good at what he does.

I hope that's all it is.

(Jamie's POV)

When Lily looks at me, there's something in her eye. A look that I didn't really notice before. I have to stay in character and essentially mirror her look, being Jace standing in front of Clary, the girl he wants but he can't have.

Stay in character.

We run through our lines. Valentine's gone, for now. We have to get Jocelyn awake and deal with Hodge.

The scene ends with Clary getting on to the back of Jace's bike and they drive off together, but when Lily puts her arms around my waist, something passes between us.

No. It's just us acting. That's all it is. That's all it can be.

For the final time, the director calls, "Cut! That's a wrap, everyone."

I climb off the bike and move a safe distance away from Lily as everyone starts to applaud and cheer for each other.

I spot y/n clapping with everyone and I walk over to her, pulling her into a deep kiss.

She reciprocates it for a moment before gently pushing me away. "Jamie, what are you doing," she laughs with a mixture of nerves and awkwardness.

"Sorry, I'm just happy it's done."

And I feel guilty for whatever that was with me and Lily. I can't tell y/n, but if Lily sees me like this with her, then hopefully she'll back off a bit and quit it with the sad puppy-dog eyes.

"I'm happy too, but save it for later maybe?"

"Of course, sorry," I give her a small kiss on the side of her head.

"You two are too cute," Martin says from next to her.

"Ahem, thanks Martin," she nervously tucks her hair behind her ear.

"I'm gonna go call Bobby. See if he wants to go out tonight and celebrate."

"Celebrate what?" she asks him.

"The end of the filming, of course."

As he walks away, I turn to y/n and say, "He does know he's not actually in the movie, right?"

She swats my arm with a laugh, "Leave him be, he's happy."

"He's got the right idea though. Can I take you out tonight?"

"Don't you want to go out with the rest of the cast?" She looks surprised.

"Nah, we can party after it's been edited and released. I'd much rather spend tonight with you."

"Yeah," she grins at me. "Alright then."