◦༻ 33...The Leopard and The Viper

"Tell me something I don't know

"Tell me something I don't know."
The door slammed shut.
༻ ❍ ༺

YA WENLING STARED BACK AT Y/N, AS IF SHE DIDN'T KNOW HE WAS GOING TO BE THERE TO BEGIN WITH.

Ya Wenling opened her mouth to speak, but it went dry. What was she supposed to say? She hasn't seen Y/n in a year, last time she saw him he had died. Yet, now he's right here, she has the chance to ask and say everything right now. So, why can't she seem to even make a sound?

     Looking into Y/n's glossy eyes, her mind wandered to her past lover, Mei Farewell. She bit her tongue before she would let herself ask, the last thing Y/n probably wanted to hear was something about one of the only people that had been there for him all along, but was forced to leave. Ya Wenling probably couldn't handle talking about Mei Farewell either.

     Ya Wenling understood why Y/n had sent the two back to their original world. It was dangerous here for mortals, especially ones that didn't know the rules of this universe that well. The last thing Y/n would've wanted was for Mei or Julia to go through what he did. He probably would've sent Ya Wenling back too if she wasn't tied to this universe. Y/n was truly one of the most unfortunate of souls she had met.

     Dragged into a world that he didn't even know that well yet. Given a curse that he didn't even deserve. Being hunted by a god and a ghost king he didn't even know he had ties to in the first place. Being stolen away from the people he was hiding away with by the people who practically betrayed his last ounce of trust he had. Being marked by a god the whole plan was supposed to keep him away from. Dying in the arms of the person he distrusted the most. Having to serve the universe that fucked him over as both Death and Life at one point. Bringing back the past self that made his whole life a living hell. Having to take in the fact that the man who killed him was obsessed with him.

     The list goes on.

    Ya Wenling was helpless as she got to her knees and took Y/n into her arms, cradling him and making sure not to touch his wounds. She felt horrible, he had died in a temple by the hand of Jun Wu, he had been drained of everything he had by the hand of Jun Wu.

    He has changed so much.

    It hurts to know that.

     If Ya Wenling forced Y/n to go with Pei Ming, if she forced him to let her go—

     He would've been fine now.

     Ever since he had died and Mei left, she blamed herself for everything, going on a rampage and spilling blood at every village that even mentioned Da Hong or had stories about him.

     Then a person about Y/n's age, Beatrice, had found her and got her shit sorted.

     When Ya Wenling had attempted to attack her in an alley for asking about Da Hong to a craftsmen, Beatrice cursed Ya Wenling to the end of the earth. Screaming that she was just trying to find someone from her past world to make amends and fix her relationship with. Ya Wenling could only let her guard fall back in a state of shock and stupor.