◦༻ 34...Where, What, When

If I catch anyone, including those who are close to me, trying to look I can also promise that their legs and arms will be gone by the next dawn

All my love
- Life.
༻ ❍ ༺

      XIU Y/N WAS GONE FOR DAYS. DAYS HAD TURN INTO WEEKS. WEEKS HAD TURN INTO A WHOLE MONTH.

     He disappeared from everyone soon after he healed, no one dared to search for him even in their shock. After all, he had sworn to cut off the arms and legs of whoever tried to find him in his own handwriting, even his own lovers were no exception.

     Da Hong didn't know what to make of it, he had never expected to see Xiu Y/n so pent up and done with everything like this. Da Hong had only ever seen Xiu Y/n like this when he harbored the old man's head, watching over Xiu Y/n before he had died and became Death.

    Da Hong would've searched until the end of the earth, both of them knew Xiu Y/n wouldn't be able to fight against him.

If Life and Death were to cross swords, the whole solar system and flow of spiritual energy would be thrown off, causing a tremendous calamity to occur. Da Hong and Xiu Y/n both knew this well, it had nearly happened when Jun Wu took Xiu Y/n hostage, luckily Ling Wen was able to fill in slightly. Once in a while she would write down a dozen scrolls of fate and have one of her officials take a ghost to the ghost realm.

     By the time Xiu Y/n came back all healed and whatnot, he made sure to have Ling Wen practically buried in gold and riches to repay her.

     Then, he just left.

     Where was he? Everyone wondered.

No one knew anymore.

══════⊹⊱≼≽⊰⊹══════

     Pei Ming anxiously tapped his foot, the repeating thump of the tip of his shoe creating a small clicking sound across his office as he stood with his arms crossed. Staring at nothing in particular as he looked out to window to his newly renovated garden. He had specifically renovated that garden for Xiu Y/n, so Xiu Y/n could take a break once in a while and rest in a place near someone he knew and could trust.

     Pei Ming had been doing this routine for weeks straight, just staring and pacing. It would only be two more weeks until he would be doing it for a month straight. His poor officials were getting piled with prayers and work that he didn't do while he drowned in worry and depression.

     He needed to see Xiu Y/n, just make sure he was somewhat okay, make sure that his soul wasn't dispersed. Even if that meant Xiu Y/n would be disappointed in him for not doing work for so long.

     He didn't care anymore if Xiu Y/n had fallen out of love for him, he just wanted to know if he was okay.

      That's why he choked on air when he saw a face reflecting his lover's sitting at his desk.