◦༻ 42...The Swan's Home

"Xiu Y/n, where are you going?" Hua Cheng calls out quietly as he follows Y/n closely

"I wanna go home."

     NOW THAT DEATH HAS SETTLED IN HER MISFORTUNES, THE STEADY FLOW OF LIFE AND DEATH WAS RESTORED. BUT LIFE, DESPITE STILL PREFORMING HIS DUTIES, SEEMED AS IF HE HAD NEVER RESTORED HIS INNER PEACE SINCE DA HONG PASEED.

     Y/n often wanders around in the forest that surrounds the Puqi village, not really knowing what to do as he cradles unborn children in his arms. Often Mu Qing or Xie Lian will intrude on his aimless wandering and help with the children, considering their appearances were endless. But Y/n would always make them go back to their own duties, he doesn't want their workload to build up and overwhelm them. Nor does he want to ask him all the questions he has.

     Beatrice is now happy with Ya Wenling, doing her work in various different places with the ghost at her side. Sometimes they bicker, but it never gets as bad as it used to. Yushi Huang and Pei Ming are coping by doing work together. Shi Qingxuan will often join them in their work.

     Y/n doesn't quite expect to run into Shi Qingxuan again, especially since he should be grieving.

     "Xiu Y/n!" A voice calls out, Y/n turns around, a baby in his arms (that won't stop crying by the way). Shi Qingxuan hurries up to Y/n and wraps their arms around him. He currently has his male form with his fan tucked into his belt. Y/n smiles subtly and pats his back.

     "Goodness, I haven't even had time to talk with you! And-" Shi Qingxuan pauses when he lays his eyes on the baby with tears running down its cheeks. Y/n sighs.

     "This one just hasn't been able to quiet-"

     Shi Qingxuan's abrupt squeal silences Y/n as the Wind Master pinches the baby's cheeks and calls it all sorts of nicknames. The baby happily giggles and grabs onto Shi Qingxuan's fingers. Y/n gawks at it.

     So after hours of me trying to coax you with everything you're still crying! But as soon as Shi Qingxuan starts playing with you, you're completely fine?! Screw you!

     Shi Qingxuan notices Y/n's tired expression and quickly shifts his attention over to him. The baby frowns, but somehow remains patient.

     "You should take a break. I mean with everything that's happened, even Beatrice took a small break with Ya Wenling." Shi Qingxuan says, brushing the loose strands of hair out of Y/n's face. Y/n shakes his head, looking at Shi Qingxuan with dark circles under his eyes.

     "I'm planning on taking a nap after I finish this baby's scroll, don't trouble yourself." Y/n responds as he motions over to the floating scroll that has all the baby's details on it. Shi Qingxuan scoffs.

"A nap? Let's go out and get food! There's also a very good bar I've seen, it's small but has excellent wine!" Shi Qingxuan exclaims as he takes Y/n's hand into his, dragging Y/n along as Y/n finishes the scroll quickly, too tired to retort at all.