◦༻45...Puppy Eyes

"What are you playing at?! And stop looking at me with fucking p-puppy eyes!""What, do you like them?" Pei Ming teases playfully

"What, do you like them?" Pei Ming teases playfully. Mu Qing sends him daggers in his eyes, but Pei Ming could care less.
༻ ❍ ༺

     Y/N PAUSES FOR A FEW MOMENTS, BEFORE HE ANSWERS.

     "Something like that," Y/n's throat goes dry when he sees the excited puppy eyes Feng Xin is flashing at him. If Feng Xin was a dog as of right now; Y/n swears that his tail would've had to be wagging. "I- you helped me so I helped you!"

     Feng Xin is still showing him those puppy eyes and Y/n can't even look at him that hard without getting all flustered like he's a teenager all over again. Well, he still has the slight appearance of a teenager, if you peel away all the marks and imprints of stress and trauma off his skin. And he certainly still thinks like a teenager at times, but if his age didn't freeze when he first entered the world; he would've been an adult by now.

     It's a funny thought, something that doesn't haunt Y/n's mind like a lot of other things, but just something he's allowed to ponder over for a few moments of his day.

     "Uhm... how are we gonna leave...?" Feng Xin mumbles, scratching his cheek as he slowly stands up. Y/n moves up with him, holding out a hand to Feng Xin in a way to help him.

     "I've already spoken with He Xuan, and he seems quite eager for us to leave. So, we will probably be leaving shortly." Y/n replies, putting emphasis on the 'probably', since ghost kings just had the habit off commonly screwing him over. And when he looks back to Feng Xin, he notices that Feng Xin isn't just making puppy eyes; he has puppy eyes!

     What-?!

     How does he just have those naturally? Is it genetics or some shit??

     Y/n's blood is practically burning with how cute it is that Feng Xin, an all mighty martial god, just has the eyes of a puppy!

     Feng Xin grumbles about something too quiet for Y/n to catch before he sinks back down, dragging Y/n down with him. Y/n sputters as he hits the sand, tripping over his own feet as he falls to the ground with a *thump*.

     "What the-"

     "Going into the forest is a stupid idea, we may as well just sit and wait for He Xuan to suck it up and send us away."

     You stupid piece of-

     Y/n grits his teeth at Feng Xin before letting a low hiss rumble out from the back of his throat.

     "He Xuan, can probably hear us right fucking now, Nan Yang."

     And right Y/n was, as usual. Because He Xuan just so happened to be watching over them a little deep into the forest.