3 The Arrival

Giles watched as the large limo pulled up in front of the mansion. It stopped and there was a pause. A pause in which Giles should have screamed at the limo driver to drive away, but he knew that would only anger the killer and then what would happen? Giles did not want to know. Instead he put on a smile and welcomed the guests as they began to exit the limo and enter their fate.

The first guest to reach Giles was Vivian Barrons. She was a fifty-two year old divination expert. He could see that very clearly when she approached, smelling of essential oils and mysterious herbs. Vivian was married and had no children. She had a fascination for the mystical and a keen interest in art.

Grant Kisanti, thirty-three and in desperate need of a haircut. He was Indian of ethnicity and had his hair tied back in a dark ponytail. Grant was very chiseled, attractive, and tan, he seemed out of place here in the hills of Devonshire. He was single and had never been married. Giles wondered why but thought better to leave it alone.

Regina Coors, forty-four, executive of a company that navigated people around their insurance. You would think she'd be a plump woman with graying hair, but Regina basked in her beauty. She had the presence of a queen; very fitting considering her name. Which is why it didn't surprise Giles to see a ring on her finger with a studded sapphire.

Tripp Narrow, thirty-one, he was charming but not altogether beautiful. Although he was a model for god knows what company, he oddly had salt and pepper hair which made him look older where his youth should have been. He wasn't married but he was taken by someone, one of the guests thought that his partner must be lucky, whoever she was.

Caleb Lawrence, he was the most shocking appearance. At twenty-eight he had no hair on top of his head. Giles had been expecting some sort of trendy hairstyle of the barber from Queens. Caleb had been in the military and was married with two kids. He had the look of a man who had seen it all but yet not seen it all.

Montana Faukes, forty years old and the most average looking one in the group. She was a mother of three and owned -not to Gile's surprise- a chicken farm. She definitely looked the part, plaid button down shirt and jeans. However, she was smiling enormously and if Giles were being honest with himself, it made him feel bad for her.

Natalie Fields, twenty-five, an Italian business woman, who knew how to get what she wanted when she wanted it. To Giles, she looked like one of those actresses who wanted nothing to do with the cameras and everything to do with the money. Natalie was covered head to toe in glistening pink, her hair was swept in curls. She was of course not married and was definitely taken, or somewhere in between taken and single.

Bailey Sampson, the father figure of the group, standing at six feet and fifty-two years old. He was married with a son and was unemployed. He had been retired for 5 years, which hinted to why he had on expensive shoes and a suit tailored to perfection. Giles watched him order a drink before he had even stepped into the hall. Well at least the butler knew who he would be serving the drinks to.

Elizabeth Huff, known to the people she loved as Lizzie. She was twenty-two and had a very youthful look about her. She was a student and lived with her grandmother. However Giles knew she was not here by random. Lizzie had been the first African American woman to start a business in her town. What kind of business, Giles did not know, but he knew she was not as innocent as she seemed.

Andrew Martin, thirty-two, a rather thick man in glasses who looked the part. He was a travel agent and had been to over thirty different countries in his life. He was unmarried and was happy in that fact. He was dating around but never seemed to keep a woman. One last detail shocked Giles, he had a very handsome face and striking eyes, so what if he had a little weight on him. The butler smiled warmly, the man was just misunderstood.

Amelia Bramble was a sight. At twenty-three, she was a very fit woman. She also happened to be wearing a tracksuit and sweating profusely. Giles stared. Had she been running a marathon before she got into the limo? Why would anyone do that before entering a fancy mansion? He didn't know. Amelia ran up the steps and put her hair into a ponytail. She was not single and had been dating the same man for two years. Giles mused that he must be a football player or some sort of athlete.

Finally, the butler eyed Ruben Hathaway, forty-eight, who was praying silently to himself. If Giles had to take a guess, it was that this man was a priest of some sort, but his file had said he was an accountant. He did however, practice the faith of Catholicism and was very devout. Ruben was married to his high school sweetheart and had 2 small children. He waved at Giles and walked past him.

Giles turned slowly, took a note from his suit pocket and uncurled it. He took a breath and walked into the mansion. Giles knew the game was going to begin, very soon.