4 Vital Greetings

Before the game began, twelve strangers gathered into the great hall and began to chat amongst themselves. Bailey, drink in hand, strolled over to Regina to ask about the beautiful ring on her finger. Amelia started a conversation with Montana and Natalie, the three discussing the pool and the clothes they wanted to wear. Grant and Lizzie were talking in the corner by the staircase. Ruben was talking to Caleb, Tripp, and Andrew, they were discussing the fine art in the room and the drinks soon to come.

"I really think the bartender here will suffice." Andrew chuckled. Caleb nodded. "If there wasn't any drinks, I certainly wouldn't be here." The men laughed. Tripp walked away from their group, sipping a margarita, he saw Natalie and stared. He would definitely make his move once the girls dispersed. For now, he wanted to make light conversation, so he turned to a woman putting on a necklace in the mirror.

"That's a beautiful necklace, where did you get it?" The woman jolted. Vivian clutched her chest. "Sorry, you scared me." Tripp apologized profusely as she waved it away. "No don't worry, I'm clumsy and this necklace just so happens to be an onyx crystal. It captures the bad energy." Tripp inwardly rolled his eyes but forced out a smile. "Well isn't that lovely."

Regina giggled at his joke. Bailey blushed but laughed with her. "You really are a character Mr. Sampson, I'm quite charmed but I am married." She flashed the ring. He showed her his ring as well. "As am I." He said, grinning. This surprised the woman and she almost blushed herself.

Montana was not a fan of these rich foreign ladies who had men do their dirty work. She had originally been uncomfortable but as she spoke to Natalie and Amelia, the tension left. The women had a good chat for awhile and neither of them heard the bell ring until the bell once again sounded.

Giles stood at the top of the sweeping staircase. "Good afternoon, I am your butler and you may call me Giles. During your stay I will be here if you need anything." He walked down the stairs and into the foyer. "Please do enjoy your cocktails." As he left, the room went into a flurry. Most of the guests reached for drinks and some downed them within seconds, but one particular guest did not move and was not attempting to move.

Grant walked over to get Amelia's attention. The track runner slumped to the floor. "What...hello?" That's when he saw the blood pouring out of her back. "What the hell?" Tripp yelled, running to the woman on the floor. The guests gasped as they saw what Grant had seen. Amelia was laying on her stomach, blood seeping out of a gash in her back. "I'm gonna be sick!" Lizzie vomited into a nearby plant. Natalie screamed startling the guests.

Giles ran to the scene and threw up his hands. "Everyone stay back!" He motioned for the maids. "Is she dead?" Andrew asked, covering his mouth. "How?" Bailey said what everyone was thinking. Giles nodded to his maid, Lana. She nodded back. "Amelia Brambles is indeed dead."