12 Sightless

It was a crisp morning, not a disturbance to be heard. Bluebirds sung outside the windows of Dawson Manor. The fog was back and was creeping along every inch of the mansion. The guests awoke.

One guest was watching the fog. Regina had always loved the mountains and was enjoying watching the cold morning dew and the white clouds blanketing the mountains. She had been sitting there when she was no longer alone. Tripp had wondered into the room.

"Good morning." He approached holding a cup of coffee. He seemed at peace despite the nature of their stay here. "I love the fog as well. It brings me comfort. I was born in Vermont so I  am used to it." He sat down on the seat beside her. Regina smiled, she liked Tripp, although he could very well be the killer, she doubted it. "It's the only peaceful thing I've seen so far." He chuckled as she said this. They watched the fog together.

Grant woke up expecting himself to be murdered, in heaven. However, he was lying in his white velvety filled bed. Ruben was also lying down. He was not awake however.

Lana the maid, screamed. Bailey barreled down the hallway at full speed followed by Natalie and Caleb. They all ran towards the scream. As everyone approached the maid, they all turned their eyes to the sight before them. It was Ruben.

He was lying on his back at the bottom of the staircase. Motionless and still. His eyes were closed but it didn't even look like he had any eyes as his eyelids sunk in. Lizzie once again vomited into a nearby plant. The sight was grotesque and altogether eerie.

Giles rushed to the front of the group and saw the horror. "Good morning guests, unfortunately, the killer has struck. Ruben is dead. Everyone please go to the library and wait there." There was slow movement as they all exited, some looked back to study the body. Grant swallowed in relief, that could've been him.