28 Double The Bodies

Grant and Regina walked into the morgue. It was a horrible scene. Bailey lay on one table, looking perfectly normal. On the other table, lay pieces of Andrew's body. Arms and legs detached as well as his torso and head. "What could have possibly caused this?" Regina asked more so to herself but out loud for Grant. The man shook his head. "Well, let's find out."

He approached the body of Bailey first, better to keep it simple at first. He reached down to lift baileys head and peer behind it. There was a hole in the center of his head with blood around it. It had to have been some sort of spear or gunshot. Grant hoped it would be this simple but doubted it.

Regina watched him warily. After all it was Grant who had been the closest to Bailey when he had died. For all she knew he could be the killer and she was alone in a room with a killer and a dead body. It was not the sort of company you wanted to have in a morgue. She walked over to the parts of Andrews body.

It was horrific, blood and body parts were everywhere. She didn't know what to look at first. Regina had the sudden urge to vomit. She doubled over. "Grant. I'm gonna faint." She started to wobble. Grant dropped his gloves and rushed over. "Oh my god! It's okay I'm here it's okay!" In that moment he remembered his family and how much he truly missed them. Regina was old enough to be his mother. He held her head as she fell into his arms.