27 A Loud Bang

The killer was sitting on a chair in the living room. They had just eaten a strawberry and tossed the green leaved top into the fire. It had been an eventful day. A plan had been arranged and the killer had an idea. Well, he or she always had an idea. This idea however, would shock the house with fear. They would never underestimate them again.

The night passed quietly. Andrew opened his door and all the guests piled into the room. "Here's the first thing I have to say. Yes, one of you is the killer, but I have a knife and you all have to know I'm not the killer." He gestures to the large butcher knife in his hand. Bailey eyed the knife. "That sounds like something the killer would say." Near the bed, Natalie rolled her eyes. "It's our only damn shot." She pushed a curl behind her ear. Caleb watched her and then back at Andrew. "This better work. I don't wanna die trying."

With that, the plan was set into motion. Each guest would be assigned two partners. Lizzie, Tripp, and Vivian. Bailey, Grant, and Natalie. Caleb, Regina, and Andrew. "This way, we can't be fooled by the killer. Meet me at the fountain." The guests all began to move and Vivian picked up a candlestick as she walked out. "Can't be too careful." She whispered to herself, watching her partners.

The trio of Bailey, Grant, and Natalie walked into the foyer. "I have a bad feeling about this." Grant said, stopping suddenly. He couldn't believe he'd agreed to this, this was bound to end in disaster. Bailey had no desire to be alone however, he wanted no chance for the killer to single him out and murder him.

Andrew led his group to the fountain. "Ok, now we wait for everyone to get here." He said placing his suitcase on the ground and sitting on the edge of the fountain. Ten minutes passed. Caleb and Regina shared a look. This couldn't be good. Where was everyone?

Suddenly there was a loud bang. Bailey fell to the ground and Natalie screamed. Grant swallowed and stepped toward the lump on the ground. "How is this possible, he was with us the whole time!" He was trying to resuscitate the man but it was obviously too late. Bailey was dead.

The guests all rushed into the house and over to the crumpled body of Bailey. Well, every guest but one. Regina turned and gasped. "Where is Andrew?" She and Caleb once again shared a look and ran outside, back to the fountain. There, in the center of the fountain, was the body of Andrew Martin. Except it wasn't a body, it was a head.

Lizzie screamed and ran into Grant's arms. A tear fell from Regina's cheek. She'd grown fond of the man. Vivian found herself sick to the stomach. Caleb was not phased and helped Natalie calm down. Tripp surveyed the scene. Two bodies this time, two dead, this was gonna be a very tricky case.