22 Silence

Caleb was so relieved to be alive. He'd been up all night with Natalie by his side. They'd had sex, the really good kind that few ever experienced. He'd not regretted it afterwards and neither did she. They were now walking hand in hand in front of Andrew, who was not amused.

He had been speculating who he thought the killer might be and it had always been Caleb in his mind or Natalie, and here they were. He decided to focus on the task at hand. They reached Montana's room and opened the door. Everything looked pretty normal. What could possibly be in this room when they had watched her die in the garden?

Lizzie trailed behind them all. She wanted to gather as much information as she could to bring back to her alliance, so she decided to watch. The group searched the room, not really knowing what they were searching for. "Over here." Andrew was standing over a box of white tissues sprinkled with something. "Is that cocaine?" He'd know. Back in his day, the stuff was wildly popular. Caleb shook his head. "No but it has to be something deadly or something." He looked over at Natalie.

She was thinking about what the powder could be. "It looks like some sort of blood thinner. I don't know what that would mean for her though." Lizzie stepped forward. "So it's either cocaine or a blood thinner? Both very different things." She sighed. Andrew put his head in his hands, they'd found nothing of vital importance.

Natalie thought Lizzie was the killer. She had been quiet for the most part, despite the vomiting but had something about her. Natalie decided to approach her with a smile. She walked over to the girl who was flipping over a bedside lamp. "Hey. We haven't gotten a chance to talk." Natalie stretched out her hand and Lizzie warily shook it. "I think we may have gotten off on the wrong foot, I'm willing to look past it and just get out of here alive." Natalie continued.

Lizzie looked down. "We'll you're right, I want to get out of here alive, consider it a truce." They smiled at each other and continued their search. However, Lizzie also thought Natalie was the killer so she just like Natalie, wanted to be on her good side. The two women searched while Caleb and Andrew watched each other. There was a silence that could've woken the dead itself.