Chapter Eight

||Wolf and the Lion||

It was already the next day, and the event was still up and running. Since the Mountain had won yesterday's round, he was running up in this round as well. Zephyr almost felt bad for the next person to face Ser Clegane's wrath, but alas, there was nothing she could do.

Ser Clegane bowed in front of the King before the match started and next to him was The Knight of the Flowers. He rode elegantly and was about to hand the Princess a gorgeous red rose, but Robert still seeing Zephyr as his little baby and still believing no man was good enough for his Princess, glared at him and reached for his goblet of wine to throw at him.

The Knight of the Flowers noticed this and quickly gave the flower to Sansa in a panic, before he too bowed before the King.

Once The King nodded, signaling for them to begin, both Knights rode in the opposite direction and so began the Match.

"A hundred gold dragons on the mountain." Lord Baelish said to Uncle Renly who smirked, "I'll take that bet." 

"Now what could I buy with 100 gold dragons?" Baelish asked himself, thinking he was gonna win the bet, considering the events of yesterday. "A dozen barrels of Dornish Wine? Or a girl from the pleasure houses of Lys?" Baelish grinned widely, making Renly scoff.

"Or you could even buy a friend." Renly shot back, smirking. He was confident that Ser Loras would win, which made Zephyr curious.

As son as the horns were blown, the two Knights rode towards each other and to everyone's surprise, Ser Loras knocked the Mountain right on his ass. 

Both Zephyr and Lord Baelish's jaws nearly hit the ground in a comical sense, and her poor friend had lost the bet to Renly. She was impressed, no doubt about that. But she had never in a million years expected the Mountain to get thrown off his own horse so quickly in a match.

"Such a shame Littlefinger." Renly laughed "It would have been so nice for you to have a friend."

"And tell me Lord Renly, when will you be having your friend?" Baelish asked the man, giving him a look which immediately made her uncle shut up.

However, before she knew it, Ser Clegane threw off his helmet and demanded his sword be brought to him, and soon he sliced his horse's head off with a clean swing from his sword and had his eyes on Ser Loras.

Zephyr's eyes widened at the sudden anger that he lost a seemingly fair match, and stood up. "Stop him! He's going to kill him!" She shouted and not even a second later, the Hound was defending Ser Loras, fighting his own brother, The Mountain.

As they battled it out for a while, with no intention of stopping anytime soon, the King himself stood and yelled "Stop this madness in the name of your King!"

The Hound stopped immediately, dropping on his knee with his sword in the ground, just barely avoiding the slash from The Mountain who in turn stomped off the field in anger and embarrassment.

Once the Hound stood on his feet after getting a nod from the King, Ser Loras went to him thanking him. "I owe you my life, ser."

"I'm no ser." The Hound said but the Knight of Flowers took his hand and held it up high in the air, causing the crowd to cheer.

Zephyr rubbed her eyes, too tired for such brutality this early in the morning. She was quite certain that stunt took 10 years off of her life just now.

~Game of Thrones~